chapter 8

Enjoy :)

After a full 2 hours at the cafe, we had finally left. We almost got kicked out and Cora kept cussing the waiters in Greek. But my mother managed to safely get us out before it got ugly. My mum is the oldest of her sisters (and has the longest ongoing marriage) which is why one scold from her managed to shut up the musketeers.

The Aunties spoke a great deal about the trip, like costs, hotel, food and transportation. According to Celine, we were going to stay in an "elegant and classy hotel because we are classy ladies and so we stay hanging with the classy people".

Each time my mum brought up my health and well being, the Aunties would assure her that I would be perfectly fine and that even if I got lost, "a handsome beach boy vill come flying for her rescue."  My mum only laughed but I knew they were being dead serious. As long as a boy is involved, they don't care.

"What if someone tries to hurt Emma? And your not there?" My mum asked with worry. I nearly rolled my eyes.

"Oh trust me. The only pain she having is from so much fun. We are so cool! Right ladies?" Asked Cora with a grin.

"And safe." Teresa assured my mum.

"Ok so what about this tour guide guy? Jared was it?" My mum questioned.

"Listen here Alexandra," Celine spoke, pointing at my mum. "I know what thoughts you are having for this second. I tell you, Jared is good boy with good intentions."

"All I wanted to know is what he plans on doing with you lot."
My mum frowned.

"Touring this hot body." Cora grinned, pointing to her body.

"Cora!" I gasped.

"12 pounds is a lot Buboola. I no lose it for nothing. Put your trust in me. He vill be all over us."

"Cora! That is not appropriate!" My mum gasped.

"Of course, of course. We only tour our bodies with the men after wearing ring. Be good ladies." Cora  gave me a 'that was just a load of bullshit' look when my mother wasn't paying attention.

My mum had no idea what was coming for me.

**

Later that evening, after my mum had explained everything to my dad and went over the expenses, we were good to go. All we had to do was book everything and pack.

The plan was to stay at a hotel near the beach. Hotel stuff was on Celine so we didn't have to worry about that. Apparently, Jared was to meet us for 4 days in a row each morning  to take us around Miami and spend the day with us, showing us all the "hot spots". The last 3 days in Miami were to be for us to spend time alone and explore the city ourselves.