Decreasing The Family Tree

JUMPY CH. DID NOT EDIT. 

The night was long and exhausting. William's workshift had extended for four more hours, leaving him sore. By the time he got into the house he carelessly flipped off his shoes, and threw his car keys across the kitchen counter.

"Akane!?" He shouts, reaching into the kitchen cabinet. "You home?"

He grabs a box of granola bars, before ripping into them and snatching the first snack insight.

No answer..

He pulls out his phone from his ripped pocket and checks if he had received any new messages from his sister.

"I'll be at Fuka's tonight. Her boyfriend broke up with her and she really needs someone to talk too."

"leftovers tonight I guess." He grumbles to himself, taking another mouthful of the crunchy granola bar.

Without another thought he reaches into the old frigerator and pulls out some Chinese food. The white cartons had lost their color and became more of a mellow shade. He didn't really care and only focused on what was inside of the cartons.

William always trusted his sister in making any sorts of food in the house. It wasn't because he was a sexist, she was just more skilled in that area. If anything, he heavily relied on his sister. He was a good brother in the heart and always tried to make up valuable time with her. Although, lately Akane has been doing her own thing. Leaving him surprisingly lonely.

The beeping of the mini microwave, disrupts his hallow thoughts. Not waiting for a 4th beep, William quickly opens it. The food was hot, but he had become an expert of pulling food of all temperatures out of the microwave.

The smell of slightly old Chinese food, almost distracted William of the familiar sound of the front door closing.

"Akane?" Quickly he closes the microwave and shuffles to the living room.

To his surprise a man stood by the front door, his hand still on the doorknob. For a spilt second, William had a jolt of fear pour into his tired bones. Who just walks inside someone's home? It didn't take long for him to realize it was Akane' s treacher.

He smiles and closes the door behind him.

"Sorry. I thought Akane was home."

He speaks in a friendly but firm tone, while pulling out a small notebook from his bag.

"She left this in class. It had her address in the back." He places the notebook on the worn-down coffee table next to him.

It was clear Angel didn't want to appear threatening. He kept his back to the front door and kept his shoes off the carpet.

"Sounds like something she would do." William replies

Angel gives him a awkward smile, trying to give him the dominant sense.

"So.. " William speaks, going back into the kitchen to grab his food, "What kind of student is she?"

Angel takes this as an invitation, and walks deeper into the living room.

"Huh.." He pretends to be intimidated.

He looks around the living room, studying all of Akane's belongings.

"She's very quiet"

William lays his back against the wall, while rudely gobbling down the stale noodles.

"No I mean, " He swallows a wad of food, "grade wise."

"Well I'm still a relatively new teacher." He speaks professionally, "I haven't stayed long enough to see her full potential."

William nods his head over to the notebook that was still resting on the coffee table. Angel picks up the book, and politely hands it over.

"Bet she doesn't even take notes." William smirks, taking the book and heading into the kitchen.

It was clear William wasn't the most polite towards his guest. He had left Angel in the living room, who was still awkwardly standing by the front door. He took whatever he wanted, with whatever attitude he showed. He places his noodles away, and restlessly starts skimming though the notebook.

Blank?

His bushy eyebrows narrow in slight concern. Was Akane actually  not writing notes? That wasn't her... If anything, the notepad should be at least filled with tiny doodles.  He evens examines the back information pages, trying to find a label for the book. 

 No notes, no name, and even no address? The sound of him closing the book confirmed the distress of his thoughts.

He slowly places the book down and asks in a confused voice,  "Hey, how did you find our place again?"

CLICK

The sounding  lock guarding the front door breaks the silents of William's worries. The room turns into a corpse's breath, while the silents turns deadly.

Survival instincts is the first harsh kick in his head. 

"Dose it matter,' Angel speaks, "how I really got here?" 

The fake atmosphere he had played, was abruptly gone.  His true nature was found out much sooner than he had wanted too. He refused to play dumb and humiliate himself, instead he painted out his true intentions..  

William doesn't speak. Like a fool, he keeps his back turned to Angel. It was clear he was somewhat scared and probably full of instinctive thoughts. 

Angel takes his time pulling out a small, but effective blade from his back pocket. His movements were swift. 

"Why are u really here then?" William's words cause a slight hesitation in  Angel's actions, "You don't even look like a teacher, much less Akane's teacher."

A small childish smirk rubs up against Angel's teeth. 

"Well I am a teacher, but hopefully i'll be more." He wants to keep words short, but he needed to speak. "Hopefully," he says again, "she'll be my everything.." 

Before he can finish his words, William's feet stumble towards the darken hallway, desperately trying to find any sort of safety a bedroom might provide. 

Angel knew he had all the time in the world. The apartment was 5 floors up and  the busted windows had already been sealed up. Although most importantly,  there was no way out. 

The sound of the bathroom door slamming shut was an invitation to his ears.  

He knew the fun that would take place in this apartment. The walls would speak of them till the end of time. Angel peacefully walks towards an old radio. His fingers carefully press the numbers of his favorite station, before turning the powerful volume up. 

He hums to the tune, making his way to the back. 

If anyone wants to know the song he was listening too.  It's a SUPER oldie, but it fits with angel perfectly..  - Frank Sinatra- "Fly Me To The Moon"