Chapter 43: Looming Trouble

"...It has been almost a couple of weeks since the incident happened in the Elites' Restaurant but the authorities are still clueless about the identity of the attacker. The NMLEA has not yet released any follow-up statement with the one that they gave to the press after the incident. However, a few speculations have arose in relation to the identity of the attacker..."

A picture of RB and I being guarded by Professor Romeus suddenly flashed on the TV screen.

"According to our sources, Rubio Talla and Ike Lunaria, students of Emerald School of Magic, are in the scene when the incident happened. Remember that some people were killed because of severe bleeding caused by crystal spikes. Talla is the only known Crystal Weirdo in the records of the Weirdo Registration Office. A lot of people have speculated that the incident was connected with the series of attacks on the Emerald students. Talla and Lunaria are also both present in the incident that happened in the East Park last March. We've tried to ask for a statement from Talla but Esmerelda Evanesca, the headmistress of Emerald School of Magic and Talla's guardian, refused to let us interview Talla."

"Speculations," Jack blurted out, adding air quotes to the word. "They're called a news network because they're supposed to tell people the truth and not half-assed gossips and pointless theories. And duh, they've been holding on to that news for the past couple of weeks. Can't they give us something new?"

Unang araw ng pasukan namin ngayong 2nd sem at nandito kami nina Jack at RB sa cafeteria para kumain ng agahan. At hanggang ngayon nga ay mainit pa rin ang balita doon sa nangyari sa 'min ni RB sa restaurant. Halos dalawang linggo na nga ang nakalilipas pero 'yun pa rin ang usapan ng mga tao dito sa loob at maging sa labas ng Emerald.

"Hangga't hindi napapangalanan ang totoong umatake doon sa restaurant eh hindi matatahimik ang mga 'yan," sagot ko naman.

"Hindi pa ba sapat sa kanila 'yung sinabi ng NMLEA at ni Professor Evanesca na mga villains nga ang may kagagawan nung nangyari?" sabi ni Jack.

"Hangga't walang nakukuhang matinong ebidensya ang mga agents at pulis, kahit anong gawin nilang pagturo sa mga villains eh walang maniniwala sa kanila. At dahil sa mga pinagtatahing kwento ngayon ng media eh hindi malayong si RB pa rin ang paghinalaan ng mga tao," sagot ko naman.

"Well, you can't blame them," RB said as he ate his plate of eggs and sausages. "Whenever people feel threatened or afraid, they always try to rationalize those feelings to ease themselves. And believing that a normal student is behind all the attacks is much easier to admit than believing that the villains are behind all those. People are just too afraid to accept that fact that the villains are getting stronger and the agents can't do even a single thing to suppress them."

"What are you? A psychologist?" I said, sniggering a bit.

Bigla na lang na hinawakan ni RB ang crotch ko sabay pilipit dun. Napasigaw naman ako sa sakit bago ako nalaglag sa sahig.

"You... You're a monster..." maiyak-iyak kong sabi habang nakahawak sa harapan ko. "What was that for?!"

"Do that again next time and I'm going to make Ike totally invalid," RB said. "Ike's humongous d*ck will be useless if he can't reproduce, right?"

"Shut up," sagot ko naman bago ako bumalik sa upuan ko. Si Jack naman eh kanina pa nagpipigil ng tawa niya.

"Anyway, tutal ay kakasimula pa lang ng sem kaya kahit papaano ay magkakaroon tayo ng oras para mag-focus sa kung paano natin papalabasin ang attacker mula sa lungga niya. And I think I have a plan that might work," sabi ko.

Agad naman sa 'king tumitig 'yung dalawa. Lumingon muna ako sa paligid bago ako umusog palapit sa kanila.

"Well, gustong i-frame up nung attacker si RB kaya ife-frame up din natin 'yung attacker. The plan goes like this: Kunyari ay may aaway kay RB in a public place at dapat maraming makaalam at makakita. And then, pagsapit ng gabi ay maglalakad-lakad sa labas 'yung mang-aaway kay RB at babantayan natin siya. Kung aayon sa 'tin ang swerte eh baka atakihin siya nung attacker. Kukuhanan natin ng video ang encounter natin sa attacker para may pruweba tayo na hindi nga si RB ang may kagagawan ng mga pag-atake. At kung kaya natin eh huhulihin na rin natin 'yung attacker," paliwanag ko.