Broken Arm

17 votes 3 comments for update

a|n
this story is set where they're already dating and it's not my best quality work beware
x

"What's up guys, it's Sam and Colby."

Colby looked over at Sam as he started the rest of the intro.

"Today, we're going to be putting our MEGA bouncy house on our TRAMPOLINE!" Sam said in his energetic video voice. Colby nodded along as he spoke. "All the roommates are here too," Colby pointed off-screen and Aaron, Jake, and Corey all jumped into view. "So let's get started blowing up the bounce house!" Sam finished.

Colby walked up and grabbed the camera to film Aaron and Corey dragging the bounce house outside and onto the trampoline.

Jake plugged in the pump and they started to fill up the bounce house. A few minutes and a lot of odd jokes later, the house was filled with air and ready to bounce in.

"Guys, I have an idea!" Jake said. "What if- we threw all the yoga balls INSIDE the bounce house, then jumped into it?"

"Yesss," Colby said, who had already set the camera down.

"AND SHAMMY!" Corey yelled, running into view holding a giant, whale-shaped pool toy in his arms.

The boys started to load up the bounce house with purple and green yoga balls. Once the task was complete, Aaron ran inside to grab a ladder to jump off of.

"Who wants to go first?" He asked as he set up the ladder.

Sam raised his hand eagerly. Aaron scrunched up his face as he looked around, seeming like he couldn't see anyone with their hand in the air. "OH! Sam, you can go first," he said.

"Yesss!" Sam fist pumped enthusiastically before stepping onto the ladder.

"Wait!" Colby said, running over to him. He pecked Sam on the cheek. "A kiss for good luck," he said, as all the roommates awwed loudly.

Sam climbed to the top of the ladder, and posed like he was going to dive into the bounce house.

"And here goes Sam Goldencock, the seven time Olympic champion, back for another gold medal for his golden cock," Jake announced. "This is his first dive of these games."

Sam dramatically dived into the bounce house. "Would you look at that form, ladies and gentlemen! He's sure to win himself some more gold with that dive!" Jake said loudly.

"Ow!" Sam exclaimed, buried under an inflatable flamingo.

"Hey Sam, you okay dude?" Corey asked, holding the camera with slight worry in his voice.

"Uh, I don't know dude. My arm hurts really freaking bad. Ouch!"

"C-can you move it?" Colby asked, terrified.

"A lit-ow! A little bit."

"Hold on Sam, I'm going to try to get you out of there," Aaron said, climbing onto the trampoline and into the bounce house.

"I'll help too," Corey said, handing the camera to Jake and rushing over to support Aaron, who had already gotten Sam halfway out the bounce house door.

The two carried Sam into the house and laid him down on the gaming couches, Colby and Jake following close behind.

"Dude, Sam, what happened?" Corey asked, worry in his voice.

"I-oof-don't really know," he replied, cringing in pain. "I think I might have broken my arm."

"Which one?" Aaron asked.

"My-ah! My left."

"Okay, Sam, let's get you to a hospital. You and Colby come in my car." Aaron said, then began to lift Sam up by his shoulders. Colby nodded timidly and followed the two out the door.

Jake and Corey followed them, not wanting to leave their friend.

x

Three hours later, Sam sat on the gaming couch once again, trying to hold his phone with his newly-casted arm. They had just gotten home from the hospital, and Sam had, in fact, snapped his radius clean in half. He now sported a black cast, to Jake's disappointment (he had told Sam to get either neon green or rainbow).

Colby walked up to Sam and snatched his phone from his loose grasp.

"Hey! What are you doing?" Sam exclaimed.

"Making you feel better," Colby replied, laying himself down beside his boyfriend.

"Well sorry to burst your bubble, but Angry Birds was making me feel a lot better than you can," Sam retorted grumpily.

"Sammy, please, I just don't want you to be on your phone twenty-four seven for the next few months! Look, I got this silver sharpie, we can all sign your cast! That's fun, yeah? We'll all draw cool things on it and stuff."

Sam grumbled something inaudible to Colby before sighing and agreeing to his idea. "But it's not gonna be that much fun."

Colby grinned happily and called all the roommates in to write on Sam's arm. "Hey guys! C'mere, we're gonna sign Sam's cast!" he yelled.

Corey was the first, sprinting down the stairs and sliding into the game room on his socks. "Sammy G! Give me your arm dude!"

Sam cracked a small smile and handed the marker to his friend. Corey signed as "Papa Gunth ♡". Sam chuckled when he saw it.

As Corey was signing, Jake and Aaron came downstairs. Jake took the pen from Corey's hands and wrote his signature, JAKE, in small, scraggly letters and ended it with his own no-name symbol.

Aaron accepted the sharpie from Jake and wrote "gws :) -aaron".

"What does gws stand for?" Sam asked.

"Get well soon," Aaron replied with a small smile as he handed the sharpie to Colby.

Colby signed "love you ♡ -colebear" first, on the middle of Sam's arm, then he drew the XPLR logo in the palm of the cast. Sam kissed his cheek as he finished the X, causing Colby to blush as he capped the marker.

"Love you too Colbs," Sam whispered into his ear.