Über

12 votes 4 comments for update

a|n
I'm impatient so you get this
early yay
also me actually writing
something that goes
somewhere? more
likely than you'd think
x

He was driving yet another rowdy group of passengers on a drunken Saturday night, up until 1 am getting wasted and needing a ride home.

It was his job after all, Sam supposed, but still. Not the most pleasant, especially when two of his passengers were making out in the back and the other looked like he was about to vomit.

Sam sighed gratefully as he pulled up to the address. They all stumbled clumsily out of the car, the pair still wrapped around each other as they attempted to walk towards the house. Sam started driving off down the street as soon as he saw they had made it inside.

As he was just pulling out of the neighborhood, he got a notification for another passenger. Supposedly at a bar less than a mile away, and only one person. He began to make his way downtown.

He pulled up to the location and shot the number a text that he was outside. He then sat on his phone in his car until there was a knock on his window.

He looked up and was met with the most beautiful pair of brown eyes he'd ever seen. The boy outside his window with cheeks flushed red from alcohol gave him a shy wave, and Sam smiled at him and gestured to the backseat.

The brunette opened the back door and slid inside. "Could I go to the apartment complex on 9th?" He asked. Sam felt himself staring.

"Sure, do you have PayPal or-"

"Yeah, I'll send it to you. Yours is on your profile, right?"

"Uh huh," Sam replied.

He started up the car and pulled onto the street, awfully nervous about how this guy was making him feel.

They drove in silence for a minute, before Sam asked, "Do you want music?"

"Oh, sure," The boy said. He scratched his neck and leaned his head back.

Sam's stomach was full of butterflies, he'd had attractive passengers before but this boy was beautiful.

The brunette brushed his hair out of his eyes, and groaned slightly as he shifted in his seat. Sam felt his face heat up, and his heart seemed to be beating at a much more rapid pace than normal.

He quickly turned on some rap music to distract himself. He had to focus on the road, not the extremely hot male behind him. Little did he know the boy was thinking the same about him.

Suddenly, he heard faint humming coming from the back, and realized it was the boy. The deep, rough buzzing of his voice made Sam's brain (and heart) go into haywire. All he wanted to do was pull the car over, lean over the seat, and kiss him.

Wait, what was he thinking?

He didn't even know the guy's name, for gosh sake. Sam tried to steady his breathing and bring his mind back to the road. For a moment, he didn't even recognize where he was and was afraid he'd strayed far from the boy's final destination.

"You alright?" Sam heard him ask from the backseat.

"Yeah," he responded breathlessly, his mouth so dry he could barely speak.

The boy nodded, and looked down at his shoes as he twisted the silver rings on his fingers.

"You're like, super cute you know," he said, looking back up at Sam.