Chapter 1

Chapter 1

The birds flew passed the trees as they made their way to the feeder I had made for them. It was a small little bottle like then connected with a plate. The birds loved it. Walking towards the flowers with the water pot I watched all the animals come out to play. They were my only friends in this realm.

From what I had overheard was this was the god realm, it was connected to the human world by many places but this one was made to keep me in and everyone who wasn't allowed out. As master had put it, we didn't need unwanted people taking away the only tree nymph with rare eyes away.

"Hello friends," I smiled at them all. It felt great to see all the flowers and animals together. It was the only thing that could calm me. My eyes are red, while my hair is a was a soft brown color. It had hints of silver in it which reminded me of something I once saw.

"Nitesh!" the sound of someone screaming rang out and I froze at the sound of angry footsteps coming towards me. The goddess came around the wall of bushes before I could even get up to bow to her.

"Yes ma'am?" I spoke weakly, not having a chance to look at her as I felt something hit my head. It was a flower pot. It hurt as I felt something wet going down my face.

"You lazy bitch. Stop focusing on only his garden! I want mine just as wonderful." She had a scowl on her face as she moves to grab me by the hair and force me towards her place.

Master wasn't going to be happy I left the garden without his permission. I didn't want to be punished for it when it wasn't even my doing, however master wouldn't care. I still remembered that day ten years ago when he killed my mother and took me to this realm.

It didn't matter if I listen or not, I was to be broken. Why? I wasn't sure. I just knew the shadow man wanted me broken. I tried everything to remain stable half the time. But as time went on it was hard. I didn't want to be their slave forever. Or at least until they killed me, or I died of old age.

"Stupid brat, get to work now." She glared crossing her arms over her chest. She thought she was all cute, but she wasn't. if anything, her acting was bad, and I wish I could just make her go away half the time.

I went to work on fixing her dying garden. It was hard work, when I started to get close to done I realized it was night and the full moon was out. I look up smiling softly as I could see the small difference in the light.

He was there, like every full moon he stood in the light watching all beings. I wanted to be his friend even if it meant dying. He seems nice when he watched the gardens of this realm become beautiful, he laughed a little when the skies where bright. He would smile when he saw me with the squirrel's because they always tickled me.

He was the man in the moon, the one who was always there when I went outside crying from a punishment. He was the one who listen to my worries and even gave me small signs of hope for the future.

However, tonight he looked sad as if he was in pain watching something I could not see. It broke my heart to see him like that. Before I could do anything, master came barging into the garden and came right at me. I felt the sting before I tasted the blood or even felt the pain in my neck from my face being slap to the side.

"You stupid bitch, what are you doing here? And don't use that stupid bullshit of how she wanted you to work on her garden. She hates this thing." He growled as he went to grab my hair. It was long, so he could keep a good grip on it, if I even thought if cutting it I would be punished.

"Master, she came to me saying for me to tend to it and would not allow me to come ask you. I beg for forgiveness..." I whispered weakly not wanting to raise my voice in case he thought I was trying to yell.

He glared at me as he moves to drag me back to his house and force me inside. "You are not to go outside for a week. If you even so much as try I will cut your fingers off slowly."

I moved my hands into fist at my chest shaking at the thought. He was serious, he would do it. He had once told me if I didn't do something he would brand me with a cow rod. I now had a scar in the shape of a L.

I bowed to him, keeping my head down. "Yes master..."

That seem to please him a little before he went to the kitchen area, "Be useful and make dinner already,"

I went to work making him his favorite and setting the table for him. Walking to the wall I stood at it as he ate. I was only allowed left overs if there was any. I could only eat when he allowed it. If I ate without his permission, he would make me throw it back up. I learned fast growing up to never push the limits of him.

He got up and glared at me, "Only one plate, anymore and you know what will happen." He left the kitchen after that. I made one plate, cleaning the rest of the room before I went to my room in the basement to eat it slowly.

I look out the small window towards the moon seeing the man was gone. I always wondered where he went to when he wasn't in the light. Moving to my bed I laid down and curled up on the small hay bed. It wasn't much but it was something at least.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Author Note- So I did say I'd try to write whenI could and I was able to a little tonight. Not sure how this chapter turn outbut I am not rushing to where I need to be, I have to take it one step at atime. Just as my characters do.)