Chapter 7

Nov 17
Alexis POV

"Hey Lex" Mac tried getting my attention while the teacher was talking.

"Don't call me that" I didn't even look at him.

"Alright.... Alexis" he put his hands up in defeat.

"What are you doing for Thanksgiving Break?" He asked trying to start a conversation.

I shrugged. "No clue" even though I knew I most likely wasn't doing anything.

"Now this homework isn't due until when we come back to a new semester, so don't stress about it too much" Our teacher told everyone, passing out a worksheet.

I felt my phone buzz in my hoodie pocket.

Momma: Hey Hun, Dad and I will be out of town this weekend and over the break. Some problems on your Dad's side came up. Ask Trinity for a ride home please.

Me: Will do.

I texted Trinity asking if she could take me home.

Trinity: Sorry sis, no can do. Going to my Dads house straight after school.

"Fuck" I mumbled.

"Huh?" Mac glanced over to me.

"It's nothing" I tried pushing him away.

"It's not nothing though" He interrogated.
"What is it?" He snatched my phone.

"Sto-" I cut short so the teacher wouldn't notice us.

I rested my forehead in my hands waiting for him to quit reading through my texts.

"Well shit I can take you" He shrugged and handed my phone back.

"No it's f-"

"Who else do you know here?" His brows furrowed.

I sat there blankly knowing he was right.

"Meet me in the gym after next class" He got up as the bell rang.

I got my work done in my last class and headed down to the gym. Don't know why he would want to meet me there but whatever.

As I got closer I heard the faint sound of balls bouncing on the wood floor.

"Oh hell no" I whispered to myself and quickened my pace up.

As I entered the gym Mac turned around and waved at me.

"What the hell?" I mouthed to him.

"What?" He walked up to me.

"You didn't tell me you had practice" I fumed.

"I'm on the basketball team, we practice everyday, can you not wait an hour?" His expression hardened.

I sighed and gave him a head nod then took a seat down on the floor next to the bleachers that were now pushed into the wall.

I tensed up as Zac walked in from the locker room. He seemed to not notice me yet.

I didn't pay attention to the practice, absorbing myself in Drake's More Life album.

I eventually saw a pair of white basketball shoes appear next to my legs.

Looking up I saw a sweaty Mac McClung.

Oh. Oh my.

"You ready?" I heard him say through my earbuds.

"Oh.... er, yeah" I caught myself staring.

After helping me up, he bent down and grabbed my bags for me.

"Thanks" I muttered.

"Hey Alexis" I heard a voice say as I glanced up to Mac, but he turned around.

My body froze in place and my fingernails dug into my palms.

Zac was standing with his arm on Mac's shoulder.

"Hey" I managed to get out weakly.

"Wait, y'all know each other?" Mac laughed.

"Yeah, good acquaintances" He smiled and did a quick head nod.

"Aight, cool man but we gotta go I'll see you this weekend or something" Mac waved him off.

"Oh you takin her home?" He questioned.

"Just doin a favor" Mac shrugged.

Zac nodded and raised his eyebrows. "Cool, see ya".

We went out a back door of the gym and Mac guided me to his silver Mustang.

Alrighty then.

"Just throw your stuff in the back it'll be fine" he told me before he took off.

As he pulled out of the parking lot he paired his Bluetooth and started playing some more Drake.

"You like him?" I questioned.

"Drake?" He asked.

I nodded my head.

"Hell yeah! I love Drake, he's the man"

I giggled and nodded my head to "0 to 100".

We both started rapping the lyrics, not missing a word and getting into it.

"Oh turn here" I told him before he missed it.

He slowly drove his way up the gravel driveway and finally stopping to let me out.

"Thank you" I gave him a legitimate smile after getting my stuff out the back seat.

"Anytime, I swear" His eyes glinted.

I walked calmly up to the door noticing he waited to make sure I made it inside.

Right as I closed the door I sprinted to the living room window and peeked through the blinds watching him slowly drive back down the driveway.

Oh yes, don't forget to vote :p