Chapter 16

Dec 31
2:37 AM
Mac POV

"How'd your games go?" Alexis asked through the FaceTime call.

"We did alright. Lost the first one but you know we had to cream the other two" I answered.

She chuckled and I watched her dimples appear. She yawned and her eyes slowly began to close. Eventually I noticed her breathing had evened out and she wasn't responding to anything I said.

I took a quick screenshot and ended the call.

*10 PM*

"Shit" I shook my head not knowing what to wear to a New Years party.

I finally slipped on a polo shirt that was tucked in the back of my closet that even smelled like I hadn't worn it in awhile. I grinned at myself noticing the thought I was putting in my outfit, which I never typically do.

Finishing with a couple spritzes of cologne I combed my hair in the direction of it's natural swoop and headed out the door.

A little later I pulled into Alexis's driveway and told her I was there. She eventually walked out and her long blonde hair was curled with a cropped Nautica sweatshirt and jeans.

I smiled at how beautiful she was and how much she underestimated herself. I seriously thought I was mental for not noticing her in the past years.

"Hey" She greeted as she got in.

"You look good" I glanced down.

"Thanks..." She smiled.

We arrived at Bradley's house and walked inside. This one didn't smell like weed or alcohol so that was a good impression for Alexis.

"Ayyyeee my main man Mac" Bradley greeted me.

"How ya doin my guy" I gave him a bro hug.

"Pretty good" I saw his eyes drift over to Alexis.

"Oh yeah this is Alexis" I looked at her.

"Hi" She gave him a grin.

"Hey I'm Bradley nice to meet you. Anyways y'all they got basketball goin on out back, we got a movie goin on in the living room and they playin FortNite upstairs" He told us.

"Thanks man. Whatcha wanna do?" I asked Alexis.

"Let's watch the movie" She mumbled.

There were several people there so we squished up in a chair that barely fit the two of us. She seemed tense and uncomfortable since we walked in. Sitting with her arms crossed and not really speaking I didn't know what to do.

She really caught me off guard about 15 minutes later as she started to move and whispered.

"Is Zac here?" I could barely hear or see her.

"Probably in the house, but I don't see him in here" I replied.

"Sorry but I'm so uncomfortable" She sighed.

She shifted a little more and I felt her leg drape across my thigh. Her arm snaked around my waist and I could feel my heartbeat begin to race a little.

Her hair smelled of mint and coconut. I didn't know if that was creepy or not, but I could get used to it.

We continued watching Ice Age and I about fell asleep.

But of course before I knew it I heard a lot of commotion and someone did something to the TV.

"Hey Mac wake up" Alexis lightly shook me.

We sat up and I saw a lady standing in the middle of Times Square rambling about 2018.

"2 Minutes!" Someone yelled.

"Wait what?" I looked at my phone and it sure was 11:58.

My palms started to sweat and I glanced at Alexis. She obviously wasn't thinking about the same thing I was as she watched the liveliness in the people on the TV.

My world started to freeze as I heard the people on the TV start to get excited and the people in the room counted down from 15.

"10..9..8..7..6..5..4..3..2..1" The TV erupted with cheer and everyone in the house had found their significant other.

Alexis's and I's eyes locked and all I could hear was the pounding of my chest.

"Fuck it" I mumbled as I pressed my lips on hers.

Don't forget to votteeee