Chapter 42

Alexis POV
April 14

My head rested on his warm chest and I admired his well-developed abdominal muscles.

It was officially a spring day, as the warm sun shone through the window. I watched the rotating fan above consumed in my own thoughts.

The loud doorbell interrupted the still house and Mac jerked awake.

"You should ge-" I stopped him before he was even able to open his eyes.

Lazy morning kisses were my favorite, especially with him. He always mumbled incoherently, not wanting to wake up or move out of bed.

"Not but seriously, I think you'll want to get that" He whispered as we broke away.

I trudged down the stairs and opened the door to a short, pudgy man accompanied with another male who I thought was twice my height.

"Hi, i'm Dave Nolan, the Head Coach of the women's soccer team at Georgetown University. Are you Alexis Carter?"

My brain blanked.

"Yes" I managed, "Please come in".

Mac was standing behind me as I opened the door to let the people in.

"How-, what-, did you do this?"

"I know people" He shrugged.

...

"This is Patrick Ewing, the coach of the men's basketball team" Dave introduced me.

"Hi, nice to meet you" I made the connection with Mac in my head.

"I've gathered that you haven't known but, my good friends Mr. Ewing informed me that there was a great soccer talent down here. So of course, I came down here and have watches the past few of your games. And I am very impressed with your level of talent" Dave explained.

"Thank you" I smiled.

"But I was confused of why I didn't see you in any sort of rankings, or have even heard your name in the past"

I sucked my breath in and sighed.

"I quit soccer a couple years ago after some...
family complications" I informed him.

He shook his head bewildered.

"Well" he scoffed.

"I bet you were prepared for a D1 athletics scholarship a long time ago" he smiled.

"I don't know about-" I looked at the floor.

"-and that's why I want to bring you and your family to DC to visit the facilities next month"

I stared at him in astonishment.

"She'd love to" Mac came up behind me and rubbed my shoulders.

"Then it's settled" Dave stood up and shook my hand.

"I will keep in contact with you and we'll figure something out" he beamed.

"Yes sir" was all I could get out.

"It was good to see you coach" Mac shook Patrick's hand and the two older men left.

I couldn't believe it.

My future was set.

"You're insane" I told Mac.

"Only for the best" he grabbed my waist and spun me around.

Oooof i am v sorry for how long it took me to update.