Chapter 30

Wednesday, February 14
3:50 PM
Mac POV

"AND ONE!" Zac yelled as he bodied John during the scrimmage.

"Don't jump JC! Don't jump!" I teased him as we jogged back down the court.

"Yo bitch want all of this for Valentine's Day" JC whispered to me as Bradley brought the ball down the court.

"Nah, but yours wants this for life" I replied and we both chuckled.

The other team started to run their suicides after we won, and my team headed into the locker room.

"Aye Zac I heard you and Jessie Dolinger had a little something going on huh?" Logan came up behind him and patted him on the shoulder.

"Aw man it's noth-" The locker room filled with laughter and commotion.

"Brooo! Shes hella fine!" Everyone was pushing  Zac around and shouting at him.

"Y'all aren't gonna say anything about Mac's girl though?" Everyone froze at Zac's words.

"No-" I tried speaking but everyone's attention shifted over to me.

"Who is she?"
"Does she go here?"
"I bet she's fine too lemme see a picture!"

"Guys stop" I chuckled and pushed them off of me.

"I saw her playin' soccer on the football field earlier" Zac was really testing my patience.

Before I knew it the team was sprinting upstairs to go over to the stadium.

Zac busted out laughing as they pushed and shoved their way up the stairwell.

"I hate you bro" I shook my head and we both snickered.

"Let's go make sure they don't do nothin' stupid" He replied and we followed the team out of the school.

Alexis POV

I walked in the girls locker room and was immediately greeted by stares and whispers.

I guess things never change around here.

I sighed and quickly changed into some old adidas clothes I had.

"Hey coach do you have any shin guards? I forgot mine" I walked into Coach Bowen's office.

"Yeah right here" He smiled and pulled some out of a drawer.

"Thanks for coming today by the way" he stopped me before I walked out.
"The team really needs some help after we lost our good players last year"

"No, Thank you" I nodded and slipped the shin guards over my socks and tied up my cleats and hair.

"Alright let's warm up!" Coach clapped his hands.
"Gimme five down and backs!"

We took off and by the third one I was already able to tell I was out of shape.

Eventually we got to practicing, and I was ready to see where the team was standing.

My ball control was still as crisp as sophomore year, and Coach was right about the team really needing some help.

None of them could make decent passes, or even kick the ball into the goal.

I was standing in line during a drill when I noticed a group of boys appear from behind the stands. In the back I could see Zac's tall figure and Mac's blonde hair.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw a finger pointed at me and the group erupted with giggles.

"Bro she's baddd" I shook my head in annoyance.

"If you don't cuff her soon shiii imma ju-"

"Andrew shut yo crusty ass up"

"Boys!" Coach startled everyone.
"Practice is almost over you can annoy them later, get on home!"

They turned around and walked away. Mac caught my gaze and gave a little wave.

I returned the gesture with a small grin.

Hey y'all so I probably won't update for the next two weeks Bc Imma Be on vacation again, forgive me😬

But don't forget to vote!!!