Chapter 17

Alexis POV

I was watching all the joy filled people on the TV when I realized the ball started dropping.

I took in my environment, and what was happening. Everyone was making out in the midst of alcohol and confetti being thrown everywhere.

I looked at Mac but his gaze was fixed on my mouth. He whispered something and I felt his hand place on my hip as he planted his lips on mine fitting them almost perfectly.

My entire body froze with adrenaline gushing through my veins. I felt myself slowly leaning backwards giving into him, but the image of being hurt again flew into my mind.

"Mac, stop" I whispered pushing on his chest. But he ignored it and kept going.

"Mac, I'm serious stop!" I raised my voice trying to overcome the loud room.

He pulled away and observed my face.

"Lex.. I'm so-"

I dashed out of the house not knowing where I was headed.

"Alexis!" Mac chased me down the sidewalk.

"Go home Mac!" I yelled as I kept walking.

My chest got heavy as my eyes swelled up with tears that started to stream down my face.

I arrived at my house about 20 minutes later and walked up to my room to remove the mascara that was now streamed across my face.

I laid in bed with my thoughts and emotions running through my brain. I genuinely liked him. I actually liked him a lot, but he's best friends with the person who hurt me most.

My phone had been blowing up ever since I got home with texts and calls from Mac. So I turned on Airplane Mode and continued to sleep.

*Next Morning*

I rolled over and checked my phone to find continuous calls from Mac. All the way from 12:30 to around 4.

I sighed and got up out of bed to take a shower. When I was done I went downstairs drawn to the scent of bacon sizzling in the oven.

"Good Morning" My Dad greeted me while standing over the stove.

"Mornin" I replied.

"A young man tried to see you this morning" He stated.

"Who was it?"

"I'm not sure, but he was about my height and had blonde hair. He was wearing a shirt that said 'Gate City Basketball".

"Oh uh, I know a lot of guys that look like that so it doesn't ring a bell" I lied.

"Where'd you sleep last night?" I tried changing the subject.

"I slept on the couch" He sighed. "Just out of respect for your mother" He handed me a plate full of food.

I continued throughout my day outside even thought it was freezing cold. My mind went racing with thoughts whenever I stood still, so I coped it with soccer.

I had Jungle by Drake playing through my earbuds as I kicked the ball around. I started listening to lyrics more than I ever really did.

Still findin' myself, let alone a soulmate, I'm just sayin'
Feel like we one and the same, our relationship changed
That or it never existed

I sat down in the dead grass and tore my earbuds out.

"Fuck me" I launched the ball with frustration at a nearby tree and sat with my head in my arms.