Chapter 1 : The Truth

Part 1

February, the 11 Th it's the Birthday of a girl called Maya. She's a different girl. She's not so interested in socializing but she managed to gather a little squad made of four girls: Alexa, Miranda, Lily and herself. On this date she decided to go to a party with her squad. It's in fact her 18th birthday .Having fun with the rest of squad is something usual for her but tonight is special. The party is special! It's a night pool party. She is 18 years old now, she can take care of herself, that's what she was thinking when she lied to her parents. The party wasn't a little one ... Her plan was attending the event that Alexa made. Hundreds of people are coming and Maya's crush is coming for sure. Why so sure? He's one of the guys who are responsible for this behavior. The event is a house party in his big mansion. What can be expected from a big teenagers' party that has place in a rich house? Most of the drugs types can be found and alcohol too. Miranda and Maya aren't that type of nasty people. So they had to stay away and keep their safety distance while Alexa and Lily were drunk all the time flirting with guys. Maya isn't feeling that she enjoys her stay in the backyard because of the loud music and screams of the rest of people in the party. They annoy her so much and the voices are driving her crazy ... These obstacles distract her from looking at a guy. Not her crush but a new boy she's never seen before. His lips are red and his cheeks are rosy. He also has some dark blue eyes. All that and more is discovered by the analysis of Maya. He is standing with the group of vegetarians known in the high school. Does this mean he's one of them? She has to be certain of it. Surprisingly he's not drunk. He is holding a cup in a hand and water bottle in the other one. He looks so fresh and clean. His sight is totally new to Maya. Miranda has to help with this top-secret research. Her boyfriend is talking with one vegetarian. They have to take the boys to the rest of the group so they can interact with the new guy. It's all in the favor of Maya.

Miranda takes Maya's hands and goes with her to Jared, Miranda's boyfriend.

'' Hey baby. '' Says Miranda '' You missed me?''

Then she hugs him.

Jared Smiles and hugged her back. The use of some words makes the plan of Maya go smoothly. They're on the way to the group. While getting closer to them, she finds that the new guy looks more handsome when she's closer to him. But she isn't feeling so confident to start the conversation ... Sometime passes and she's not going to wait more for him to talk to her. She inhales and says:

'' Hey guys, I'm Maya.''

Most of them smile and greet her back .The '' New guy'' does it too with a fine smile on his face. Suddenly his phone rings and he goes away to answer it. Then he comes back with an annoyed face and says:

"Guys it's time to go home it's getting late and you know Martin won't be happy about it"

A blond girl and another red-haired one jump out of the group. With the new guy going away, Maya has no other choice except taking her squad and going back home. She collected the clothes of her drunk friends and helped them get back home. After passing by Miranda's house, Maya is on the way back home with a really strong headache. She is walking in the streets of her neighborhood while the place is empty and really dark. Her eyes detect the front light of her parents' house and that it's still turned on. She focuses more and finds her parents waiting for her. '' Crap! "She says." It's going to be a long fight. "But her line of thoughts gets interrupted by the sound of footsteps not so far behind her. The steps are getting closer... She looks behind but none is around. It has to be the effect of the headache plus the loud songs repeating in her head. When she enters the house her mother hugs her and asks her about the party and her dad brings a little gift. Everything seems fine, no yelling, no fights. Probably because it's her birthday. She wishes that this happens every day. She writes all her plans for the new guy in her diary then sleeps.

Maya wakes up feeling dizzy, she still needs to sleep but she has to go to school now. After going down stairs for breakfast, she prepares herself to leave. She kisses her parents and takes the way leading to school.

"What a surprise!" exclaims Maya?

The new guys seems to be living recently in the newly finished house. That house is one or two streets far from Maya's house. She looks at him and smiles while walking on the side of the road. Stupid Maya! She falls because of her lack of awareness. He looks in her direction and laughs. Then he comes to help her stand on her feet. "You fell for me?" he jokes. "My name is Liam"

"Maya" she says while blushing.

Then they carry on their walk.

Walking together to the school is now the best thing for Maya.

"I'm new here and I have my family moving soon with me." Related Liam.

After a long conversation she now considers her goal closer.

Liam's intentions aren't clear. He's never asked for something strange or weird. Maya enjoys the way he talks but they have to split up. They study in different classes. Liam seems to be a quite silent guy. But he seems to enjoy the conversation too. Maybe he's simply making Maya a friends of his.

Hours pass and it's time to go back home after a tiring day. Maya walks through the crowd of people trying to desperately detect the sight of Liam. Well here he is standing while he holds his water bottle. He's drinking water out it quickly. He must be thirsty. He seems to a bit tire too. Maya asks him if he's fine and he says " Don't worry I just spent a long time on a test. It was a surprise. That made me so thirsty. "

Maya replies:

"A bad surprise obviously. How was it? You've done well?"

"I'm not sure "Says Liam sarcastically.

On the way back home Maya remembers that the exams are getting closer. Really close that she only has the weekend to revise .The exams period is the next week. So they both split up and go back home.