•18;POV•

Harvey POV:

We walked down the street down by this lake. We walked in silence and it was kinda of awkward. I turned to look at her. I admired her. Every little bit of her. She seemed so perfect. But how could someone seeming to be so perfect also be so broken and damaged on the inside.

"It's not polite to stare Harvey." I hear.

Caroline is looking at me laughing. Then comes over and pecks me on the lips. I try pulling her in again but she sprints down the path. Damn. She's fast.

"Cara!" I yell to her.

She stops and turns around while I catch up.

"You're fast love." I say lifting chin to look at me.

"You're slow." She laughs.

"You always have to ruin a moment huh?" I laugh as we continue walking.

"I guess so. Oh! I almost forgot!" She exclaims.

"What?" I ask confused.

"I said when I meet you that I wanted to do this." She says then runs her hand through my hair.

"It is soft! I knew it!"

"Oh my god." I say pushing her hand away, smiling.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" I say to Cara.

She looks over at me.

"Shoot." She says.

"Do you trust me?" I ask looking at her.

She looks to the ground.

"I, well...it's just...I...I'm not sure Harvey." She says unsure.

"It's okay. Take your time." I say reassuringly.

She smiles and nods. I hear her phone ding and she pulls it out of her back pocket. She looks at the screen and stops walking. Her mouth drops open wide.

"Cara? What's wrong?" I ask as I also stop walking.

She shakes her head, licks her lips and continues to stare down at the screen. I decide that she won't tell me, so I go over and look at her screen.
Then I see what she was so speechless about. Her mom posted a picture of her hand, with an engagement ring on it.