// Best Setter //

"Best Setter Award goes to..." the announcer begins. Wait lang kuya, my baby is not here pa! Where are you na ba, Jema?!

    "From the Ateneo De Manila University, Deanna Wong!"

    Before I go to the middle of the court, I glance around hoping to see her. I try to look for her face in the crowd of people. She's just a girl in the crowd, so it would probably be hard to notice her, but let me say that she's the only girl I see in the crowd, so it wouldn't be hard to pick out her face from this sea of people. And there she is. Running down the stairs, more like sprinting, her short hair bouncing as she does. She looks in my direction and sees me staring at her. She waves her hand and grins like a cute idiot she is. My idiot. She mouthed 'go', so I would go to the people who'll be handling me my trophy, and continues to run down. I couldn't help but smile to myself as I walk to get my award.

    I shake hands with the people behind the UAAP or the representatives of the schools. I'm so honored to receive the award, knowing that there are setters who are better than me. All thanks to my teammates, coaches, fans and ate Jia. Ate Jia really mentored me well, she's my biggest idol. I also dedicate this to Jema Galanza, my biggest unexpected this season.

    After receiving the award, I stood with the other awardees. We had our photo op and they released us afterwards. I went to Jema instantly, excitement taking over me, and bear-hugged her.

   "Congrats, Wongski!" she says while pulling away from the hug. I get a clear view of her face, God she's so beautiful. Her smile is so radiant that I could stare at it all day and her eyes, don't even get me started with them, they hold so much mysteries, but I wouldn't mind taking a lot of time unraveling them all one by one. And every time I close my eyes, instead of seeing phosphene, I see her. Maybe, she is my phosphene when I close my eyes, the light and the color I see when my life gets dark.

   "Huy Deanna! Okay ka lang?" Jema says, startling me. A look of concern is evident on her face.

   "H-huh? Yes, I'm okay." I say, blinking twice and finally focusing on the woman in front of me.

    "Kala ko kung ano na nangyari sa'yo. You were staring kasi eh." she giggles a bit, and I swear, that is probably the most addictive sound I've heard.

   "O-oh sorry." I can't help, but let all the existing blood in my body go to my face, making it red like I just ate a bag of flaming hot cheetos, but you're staring at someone hot, oH GOD STOP!  My mind is having an argument of its own.

   "Oi oi oi, lovebirds, take a picture muna." My annoying best friend, Luigi, gladly saved me from an extreme embarrassing moment. I've never been so thankful of having him around. He could be a pain in the ass, but at this moment, I thank God he isn't.

   "Hay naku Luigi, lovebirds lovebirds ka jan." I roll my eyes at him and I can see Jema shake her head while laughing lightly.

    "Oh dali, pose na." he raises the phone he's holding and points it at us, it isn't really necessary since a handful of people are already taking a picture of us.

    Jema and I closed the gap between us. She puts her arm on my shoulder while we both hold my trophy and I hold the bouquet of lovely flowers. I feel spark, no, more like lightning, once our fingers touched slightly. I feel kilig,but I won't make that too obvious. Once Luigi was done taking a quick snap, we part away. I let go of the breath I didn't know I was holding, and instantly missed the contact of our bodies.

   "Tara na, Deanns, upo na tayo." Jema whispers and I nod to that since a lot of people are starting to crowd around us. Not that we don't want to see them or take pictures, it sometimes gets suffocating, and I just really couldn't wait to chat and sit with Jema.