chapter 1

The tears stared to well in my mum's eyes as I clicked my seat belt into place.

"I love you Frankie! Call whenever you need to!" Her usual melodic song like voice is broken by the threat tears.

I quickly shift the car into drive and leave the house trying not to let tears run down my face and ruin my flawless makeup, but I fail miserably.

Some people may call me a cake-face, well even though I kind of agree with them, I love it. It brings me piece. Spending an hour every morning doing my makeup makes anxiety settle down just enough to make it through the day without having a full on panic attack.

I look back at the house one more time. Every metre I travel away I feel as through more of my safe and comfy world is being ripped from my tight grip.

A single tear falls effortlessly down my cheek, although quickly blotted with a tissue I suspect it still left me a reminder of it's presence. I'll have to re apply some more power though, as I have been up since 5am packing. It's now 7pm. Which means, I am most likely going to be extremely late for my boat.

It just hit me. I'm free. I'M FREE! I have no more responsibility over my younger step sister,(who I just say is a piece of shit, nothing compared to my full sister). No longer having to put up with her insecent whining and crying over practically nothing. Okay I admit that sometimes it is my fault but that little shit had it coming. She deserves more than a slap on the face, even though I would never do that.

I race to the dock just as the boat is about to close. "I need to get on this boat!" I yell over at the ticket lady.
"Well I'm sorry honey, you should have been here 40 minutes ago when I did the final boarding call." Her southern American accent was making me even more mad at her. SHE MADE IT SOUND SO NICE AND HATEFUL AT THE SAME TIME! Ugh, I just don't understand myself sometimes. "The next boat is in 3 hours. So I suggest that you got and have some dinner and come back then. And if your late again your gonna have to wait another 4 hours. I make no exceptions. Got it?" I slowly nod as I roll up my window, stopping her from saying anything else that will send me into a rage spiral. This day can't get any worse.

I drive around for a good 15 minutes trying to find a place that looks like it is suitable for dinner. And finally between all the gelato shops and offensively stereotypical booths that had koala themed everythings, I found a small dinner restaurant that didn't look too packed but had enough people to look like it had at least decent food.

I sat down at a nice little window seat and decided on what to eat. Most of it looked good except for the fucking $30 milkshakes! Who even does that! I was tempted but remembered it would probably kill my bank account, opting for the grilled fried chicken and cheese sandwich.

I look up at the lovely waiter asking for my order. His blonde hair has was styled to look natural and floppy, but the amount of hair products made it look like it could survive a cyclone.

After ordering and stumbling over my words, because I'm the definition of awkward, I glanced over to a table across the restaurant from me. On the table I saw saw a guy sitting by himself. His olive skin complemented by the white v-neck and black jeans. His hair was dark and fell in the most gorgeous manner. His eyes met mine and normally I would find that very awkward and would sink down in my chair making myself invisible. But I was just stuck looking into his green eyes, the ones that seemed to pull me towards him. His full lips slowly turned into a smirk and I quickly realise I am gawking at this guy that I didn't even know rom across a restaurant. My fave turned a bright shade of red and I look down at my phone. Hoping today's memes would calm me down.

After another 10 minutes of reading the dankest of today's memes my food finally arrived. I had completely forgotten about Mr Gorgeous but as I look up to the waiter my eyes catch his and I realise that he is staring at me too. I quickly look away and focus on the delicious meal in front of me.

As I finish the most wonderful sandwich ever I check the time, 9:40, shit I need to leave right now. I run up and pay for my food running out of the restaurant. Just as I reach my car I feel a light tap in my shoulder.

"Hey, I'm Leo. I know this is weird but do you want to hang out sometime?" Oh my God. His voice. It was husky and it was flowing through my ears like silk. A small amount of me melts and I remember what I need to be doing.

"I'm so sorry but I have to leave." Why did it have to me this way world? Why?

"I guess I'll see you around." He said before giving me on last smile.

I belt into my car and speed off to the boat docks. Just making it intime to board. I lazily enter my room falling onto my bed. It doesn't feel right though. It's had weird lumps. That when I heard a voice quietly say

"I believe that I already claimed this bed." It's that silky voice again. I don't even have to look up to see it's him.

"My name's Leo by the way."

♡<><><><><><><><><><>♡
AN: Thanks for taking the time to ready my book. If there are any words that you are unsure about because thay are weird Aussie slang then don't hesitate to ask. Please point out errors and mistakes I have made. Constructive criticism is always welcome. This is my first story so I'm still not great. I'll try not make this too long. Sorry for the shirt chapter, later posts will be longer I promise
Lots of love, Lily xx