Don't Leave Me

Four

"Don't leave me,
now believe and start running
No ending, You are my heartbeat.
No matter what kind of rain assaults you
No matter what kind of darkness erases you
I will surely come and save you
You're not alone."

It has been a while I haven't seen Noona.
The sun is about to set.

"Are you okay Namjoon?" Irene asks, who is right beside me.
We are at the school ground, waiting for the fireworks to start.

"Yeah I am. I was thinking that I haven't seen Noona for a while." I say while looking around.

The crowd is quite big. Maybe that's why I can't find her like this.

"Namjoon, You look too much worried for a big girl like her. You should take a look at your face now." Irene scoffs at me.

I get my eyes wide. Am I making Irene uncomfortable?

"No honey, I'm n-not that worried." Damn it! I stuttered.

I stand with her making my feet glued to the ground. Because I don't know why I can feel my heart bursting. I'm dead worried for Noona to be honest.

Why am I this much worried? She's not a kid who'll lose her way and she must be around somewhere in the school.

But still my heart is impatient. My feet wants to run so bad to wherever Noona is. But I can't. I'm forcing myself to stick here with Irene.

Why am I feeling so nauseous? What if I lose Noona again? What if she gets out of my sight again?

Wait.

Why 'again'?

"Go." A low voice of Irene reaches my ears.

"Huh?"

"I said go and find your Noona. You look like you're going to die." Irene raises her voice a little.

I realise that Irene is right. I'm going to die.

I'm going to die without Noona.

I don't know what made me think that but I can feel my heart exploding with fear.
Fear of losing Noona, fear of living without her. It's the same as dying, right?

"I'm sorry Irene" I say to her.

And run, leaving her side.

I search up the whole crowd but fail to find her. I ask our classmates.

One of our classmate says "She must have felt bad. The whole class glared at her cause she couldn't do a simple work properly, after that none of us has seen her."

I take a deep sigh in disappointment after hearing this.

"How can she work properly when she just recovered from her injuries. Some of her wounds haven't even healed up yet.
It's not like you guys don't know, when she first came to school she still had plasters all over. Why did you guys make her work that much?" I raise my voice in frustration. I know that yelling on them is useless.