Realization

Six.

Next day at school before starting the class I straight up step into Irene's class.
I thought that I had to talk to her.
I ask some of her classmates to call her and in few seconds Irene stands in front of me outside her class.

Before Irene could ask anything I start talking,
"Im sorry, I called you out like this also I'm extremely sorry because of the inconvenience i made that day. Joon cares for me as his sister so he was worried to find me and I was immature enough to get lost that day. So please don't misunderstand Joon, He's a really nice guy and likes you very much."
I hold onto my skirt tight and look at Irene properly after finishing my talk.

Irene was gazing at me as if she didn't understand what i said. It took her few seconds to react and the reaction she gives me is a mischievous laugh.

I look at her with a question mark face, "huh?"

Irene handles her laughter and says "You seem to be dumber than Namjoon. You guys are perfect match."

"Eh?"

"I broke up with Namjoon. It seems he's in a huge denial. He can't accept himself. And I'm not the one who can help him"

My face even starts to look more dumb with surprise, she really broke up with Joon? But Joon told me-

"Take care of Joon and yourself" Irene says with a smile and the bell rings. She goes back to her class leaving me all surprised.

As soon as I step into my class Moonbin almost jumps onto me.

"Yahh Bong!! Why are you late today? The class bell already rang. You're lucky that the teacher is late today."

Moonbin made a chaos in the classroom and it made me forget for a bit what happened earlier.

"I got lost" i say and Moonbin yells even louder from before.

" You got lost? Are you a kid? Tell me where do you live I'll go and pick you up every morning."

" You don't really have to."

I somehow get rid of Moonbin and find my seat. Joon was already beside me. As usual he's staring at the air.

Looking at him reminded me of what happened earlier with Irene.

The teacher finally enters and apologies for his late appearance. The class starts.

At lunch time Zen and Moonbin drags me to cafeteria and I sit to have lunch with them. Staying with them makes me forget about Joon and that's why I forgot that Joon has been having lunch alone and going home alone all these days.
Having everything easy, I was enjoying with my new friends.

But I realize it. I do realize how sensitive Joon is.

After the class ends, Moonbin and Zen joins me. We laugh all the way untill I separated from them when they take their way to home.
I walk towards home grinning but my smile fades when I see a lone Joon walking to home.

He is walking few steps ahead of me, He's holding onto his bag strips tightly. His head is down, back is facing towards to me.

All of a sudden my heart feels a crack alike feeling. As if it broke.

Joon is crying.

I can hear his soft sobs from here. My heart stings as he sobs.

"Kim Namjoon!" I call him aloud.

It's evening now, The night is about to fall, People are going home. The street is almost empty.
A crying Joon stopped his moving feet, reacting to my voice calling him.

As he turns back I run towards him, takes me less than two seconds to run to him and take him in my embrace.

I hold him tightly in my arms, He's tall that's why my head can only reach his shoulder.

"Joon, I'm sorry. I'm extremely sorry. I won't leave you ever again, So don't cry please."

Joon doesn't move or say anything. In a little bit of time he hugs me back and keeps crying. His teardrops makes my shoulder part of cloth wet.
I keep patting his back and apologize alot of times.

"Noona...." he utters in his crying broken voice.

It seems he wants to say something. But before that he calms down and clears his voice.
He breaks the hug and again says,

"Noona, I broke up with Irene long ago. I'm sorry I didn't tell you and ignored you."

"It's okay Joon, You don't have to be sorry. I understand so don't be. Instead I am very sorry for not noticing you having that much hard time."

Joon's tears already has dried up. He leans on me once again. He puts his head on my shoulder and softly says
"Thank you, Noona."

Then both of us went home together after a long time. While walking under the starry sky with a grinning Joon made me really happy.

I'm really glad I noticed Joon before going blind. I only thought about myself all these time. I was selfishly happy by myself leaving Joon alone.

How I couldn't understand that without Joon happiness is actually nothing. None can take his place, none can make me forget about him. He owns a large place inside me. He will remain there forever.
And I will never make the mistake of forgetting it again.

~Extra~

While Joon and I were walking home Joon started to get back to his usual self.
He suddenly asked me, "Did you get lost today on your way to school? Are you serious?"

I remain silent. I don't really wanna say to him that I met Irene today.

Joon continues, "I'm sorry for all this time. From now on I'll walk you everyday. So don't take anyone's help."

"Are you referring to Moonbin?"

"No but I'm just saying."

"My new friends are Moonbin and Zen. They are nice. Don't worry. "

"I know. But Moonbin is too flashy and Zen has a different aura around her. "

"I like them anyway. I'm glad they are my new friends."

Joon doesn't say anything back.

When we reach home he utters again.

"Noona, I'll not ignore you again so make sure not to forget about me either."

I couldn't say anything back as he shuts his house door. But his words made me feel a little relieved.

"Yeah, make sure not to ignore me so I won't have to force myself to forget you."

A/N
I'm sorry for slow updates T_T
Also thank you for reading cringe    >•<