Chapter 3 -Sheikah Technology

Summary: After a year of research, Dr. Purah successfully creates a Timeshift Stone. Link eagerly anticipates using it in Zora's Domain.

Link stirred from his slumber in his quaint Hateno Village home as dawn broke. The gentle symphony of birdsong filtered through the slightly ajar window, bidding him to rise. He yawned deeply, stretching his limbs to release the lingering traces of sleep, before rolling out of bed and shuffling towards the kitchen to prepare his morning meal.

Whisking the last of his eggs in a bowl, Link murmured, "Guess I need to restock," as he poured the mixture into the sizzling pan. The aroma of the cooking omelet wafted through the air, awakening his senses.

When dining alone, which was his usual routine, Link found solace in revisiting the pages of his leather-bound journal. As he flipped through pages he realized that about a year had passed since his encounter with Dr. Purah, the meeting at which he presented his proposal.

Despite the passage of time, he had yet to hear from the reclusive scientist, which filled him with growing concern. On his visits to Hyrule Castle, Zelda had the tact and consideration not to ask him if he had heard anything. She knew how much this meant to him. But Impa, who seemed to know a good deal about what her sister was up to, would often deliberately bring it up. It was clear she wanted him to move on.

"I gather my sister has nothing to report," Impa would say to Link over tea or lunch at her dwelling. "Maybe you should consider the possibility that she will never succeed and move on with your life?"

"Maybe, but I'd like to give her a bit more time," Link would answer.

And if asked how much more time, he would just shake his head. Of course, he didn't know. On some occasions, he grew so frustrated that he contemplated surprising Purah with a visit to her laboratory, but two factors stayed his hand: Purah's notorious disdain for interruptions during her research and the flickering hope that she was on the verge of a breakthrough – a hope he feared might be dashed upon his arrival.

Upon finishing his meal, Link tidied his modest house before venturing into the bustling village center. His first stop was the East Wind General Store to replenish his egg supply.

"Hullo!" chimed Ivee, the diligent young woman perpetually sweeping the store's entrance. "Beautiful day, isn't it?"

Link offered her a warm smile, replying, "Morning, Ivee. It certainly is. Don't wear yourself out, now."

He couldn't help but wonder what else occupied Ivee's days, as she seemed to be always sweeping whenever he visited. Shaking off his curiosity, he stepped inside and greeted her father, Pruce, the store's proprietor. In contrast to his perceptive daughter, Pruce often appeared oblivious to a customer's arrival until confronted. With a fresh carton of eggs in hand, Link paid, bid farewell, and retreated to his home.

But after puttering around the house a bit, the confines of his dwelling began to feel suffocating. Link decided another visit to Zora's Domain was in order. After ensuring his horse was fed and watered, he hoisted himself into the saddle and set off.

Link and his horse had traversed the route to Zora's Domain countless times. She seemed to instinctively know the way, allowing Link to surrender the reins and simply savor the beauty of the surrounding countryside as they trotted along at a leisurely pace.

He passed the decaying remnants of a Lizalfos camp that used to be filled with electric arrow-wielding archers. He hated them, as they could cause serious injury or death to vulnerable Zoras. And he could recall sniping each of them with Ice Arrows, happy to be rid of them ... until the Ganon's next cursed Blood Moon revived them all. Thank Hylia, they were gone for good now.