The Voice

Drip. Drip. Drip.

The noise burrowed it's way into Percy's subconscious as he slept. He found it quite annoying, as he was having a nice dream about devouring blue cakes and Coke with his family. He covered his ears in an attempt to block it out, but that incessant noise still made it through.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

Now it was really, really irritating Percy, like a nail driving itself into his ears. He pulled the blankets closer in another attempt to block it out - wait, what? Blankets? Then it all came rushing back - the betrayal, running away, being cornered by the hydras, falling asleep. He sat bolt upright and rubbed his eyes, trying to clear away the dirt around them. For some reason, everything was dark, so dark he could barely make out his hand in front of his face. That was weird. It had never been this dark outside before. And why the heck was there a blanket over him? He didn't have one in his possession when he ... left... Camp Half Blood. He looked, well, attempted to look around, and saw the faint outline of a roof above him, at least twenty meters high. So that's why it was so dark! He was in a cave of some sort, a very large one at that. How on earth did he get here? He sat down and breathed in deeply. The cold air was harsh in his throat and left a bitter taste on his tongue.

Suddenly, something cold and bony brushed past his face, sending shivers down his spine. He jumped back, startled, and felt whatever it was creep down the back of his neck. He let out a startled yelp and ran forward - straight into the cavern wall. "Oh gods, give me a break for ONCE!" he said as he rubbed his sore nose and pressed his back up against the rough dirt of the wall. Just as he was thinking he might be in the clear, a smooth, dark voice echoed around the cavern.
"So, Perseus Jackson, you have finally awoken".

A/N:
Hey. Thanks heaps for the votes and comments. They actually mean heaps to me, and are pretty much the only reason I'm going to continue writing this book. Thanks again!
Don't forget to vote and comment!

Jaydeebooboo