Twelve

I finally watched black panther and I would 100% lay down my actual life for Shuri.

"Damn, Matthew! You look so good in that!" Francis complemented.
"Ja!" Gilbert agreed.
"I don't normally wear stuff like this." Matthew tugged at the collared shirt he was wearing. "It's so tight and...fitted."
"We want you to be comfortable." Gilbert insisted. "But maybe we should buy that for you for special occasions."
"Like if I die?" Matthew gestured at the black jacket, a deadpanned expression on his face.
"No! Your wedding! Or somebody else's wedding!" Gilbert insisted. "Or a dinner with the queen."
"He's right, though." Francis nodded. "It's too much black. Maybe we should find a jacket in a brighter colour. Red would be nice. Or we could ditch the jacket altogether. He's seventeen. How many weddings and dinners with the queen can he really attend at his age?"
"Good point. Let's leave the jacket behind." Gilbert nodded.
Matthew slipped back into the dressing room to change into something else.
"I had no idea he was so slender. He's always wearing such baggy clothes." Francis muttered.
"He's like a noodle." Gilbert agreed. "And he's so tall. It's way too sexy for me to handle."
"Are you sure you can afford to take care of him like this? That outfit alone cost fifty bucks."
"And he looks like a hundred bucks in it."
Francis sighed. "He's a human being. Not a doll."
"I know. But his face lights up when we complement him. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen."
"You're in love with him, aren't you?"
Gilbert sputtered, choking on his spit. "Nein! What makes you think that?!"
Francis was about to tease him further when Matthew emerged again, wearing a heavy sweater and baggy jeans.
"You look so comfy. I like it."
"It is comfy." Matthew nodded. "I think that's enough trying things on. The basket is filled with clothes." He smiled.
"Good call. Let's get some food. Where's my troublesome boyfriend and our moron friends."
"We're not morons!" A whine came from inside the clothing rack behind them.
"What the fuck Antonio. I told you to keep quiet."
"What are you two doing in there?" Francis asked.
"Making out." Antonio replied.
"Shhhh don't tell them that!"
"Does this happen a lot?" Matthew asked.
"Yes." Francis nodded.
"Cool. I'm going to change back into my other clothes."
"I'll take the stuff you're wearing to the cash when you're out of it." Gilbert volunteered. "Just throw it over the door, Okay?"
"Got it!" Matthew nodded eagerly. He stepped back into the dressing room and Gilbert waited to collect the clothes. Once he did, he took them all to the cash and paid, wincing at the price.
"You're gonna have to catch an extra shift, aren't you?" Antonio teased.
"No! I'm fine!"
"You don't have to be embarrassed. I almost put myself in debt many times because of Lovi. That's how you know it's true love."
"First of all, you suck with money anyway. And secondly, this isn't true love. I'm leaving you as soon as I find somebody richer and terminally ill."
"So, like, Matthew if he were rich?" Antonio guessed.
"Yes."
"Gil, are you doing this because you pity him?"
"Nein! I don't pity him!"
"Is it because he's gonna die and you feel bad?" Francis wondered.
Gilbert was about to answer with a harsh "Nein" but his eyes locked with those of Matthew, who had joined them without them noticing.
"Mattie..." He muttered, terrified. What must the boy think of him.
"Let's get some food." Matthew said, face unreadable. "I'm starving."