Chapter 2: Late

Serenity's POV

I woke with a start. And immediately I went into a cold sweat "uh.. No alarm.. What time is it??" I looked over at the clock sitting on my desk: 6... 46 am. Shit. I jumped out of bed and grabbed my phone. It was dead. "Oh come on! You were plugged in!"

Third person

She gets dressed quickly and darted out of the house. She stopped. She looked over to where to girl was last night and rubbed her arm. "W-what? Shes gone.. No blood or and trace of her...nothing" she whispered. She returned to her house, "this is a bad idea, but I'm doing it." She sets her stuff down and walks outside once again. She walked to the edge of the dense forest, dark as death itself, yet it was daylight. It sent shivers down her spine as she walked into the woods.
Serenity took a deep breath and all she smelled was a musty, wet wood stench. There were red flags everywhere but she pressed on. Walking deeper into the woods until she couldn't tell what time it was. The leaves and branches cracked and crunched unnaturally under her feet. She looked around at the horrible decisions she made, she was lost. Serenity had no idea where she had come and turned around too many times. In the distance, she heard the screams of what sounded like a deer. "Why is it screaming?" She whispered to herself. Just then, she heard an ungodly sound. It wasn't the deer screaming anymore. She wasn't alone either. Serenity heard a low growl nearby. She quietly stepped toward a large tree that had fallen recently every step crunched in her ears. She sat behind the log and covered her mouth, taking only quiet deep breaths to minimize the noise. Her breath got caught in her throat when she looked down and realized she hadn't been stepping on twigs and sticks. There were small children and animal bones everywhere. How did she not notice before-- her thought cut off by the heavy footsteps and raspy, gutteral breathing. Like it wasn't even able to breathe.  As it stepped closer to her hiding spot she tried her best to be quiet. It growled and walked the other way. She took this opportunity to get into the log nearby and peeking out a small hole in the trunk. It turned around after hearing her moving. It made a laughing, growling sound as the creature ran over and investigated the noise. She got a good look at the thing, her mind was screaming at her and her idiotic decisions. It was a tall, but hunched over at an unnatural angle. Its tail dragging behind it. It had black stringy hair dangling from its patchy grey skin. Most of his skin was missing and it's eyes.. One of them hung out and they were glazed over, the one hanging out of his-its skull twitched. It had small wolf-like ears that flailed frantically. She didn't want to look at it anymore. She shut her eyes tight and--- suddenly everything went quiet. The croaky breathing of that monster ceased and it was dead silent. Just as she opened her eyes, she heard the faint singing of songbirds. She took that as her signal to quietly back out of her hiding spot. She was alone. It seemed.. Darker than usual. It must be night, how long had she been there? She darted toward what she hoped was the right direction. As she ran, he mind raced frantically and everything around her seemed more unrecognizable. Everything looked the same, she didn't care. The farther from there the better.