Chapter 6

Serenity's eyes fluttered as she woke from her sleeping state. She looked outside of the crawlspace to see bright sunshine, she was confused.

"Wait, this forest appears nighttime even during daylight, what is that?"

She carefully maneuvered Isla off of her and poked her head out of the tiny cave to see that the forest was gone and instead she was in a field. Serenity looked back at Isla and realized that she was alone. The girl crawled out into the dark green grass. It was cold, drops of dew sat contently on each blade of grass. She felt safe in this little change of reality, not having to worry about the wendigos or songbirds for a short time is all she needed. Suddenly, ringing made its way into her ears. Singing its song of suffering as she covered them, hoping for it to subside. Her vision went hazy and she fell for what felt like hours. She attempted to look down and noticed that she was now in a ravine, an abyss. The darkness swallowed her like a fly. Serenity shut her eyes tight. She hit the ground, but felt nothing. As she opened her eyes, the sandstone and stone walls comforted her. She was back in the crawlspace, darkness shrouded outside. She sighed, crawling out of her safe house and noticed that she was back in the forest, it was midnight. Serenity turned back to the crawl space and her heart dropped. The safe home gone and a wendigo in its place. Serenity backed up, it was the headless deer she killed some time ago, for some reason, she couldn't place when it had happened.

"A-am I dreaming?" She asked meekly.

The headless deer stared at her, despite not having its head. Or eyes in that matter. It walked toward her and placed its malformed hand on her shoulder, its nails dug into her flesh. She couldn't move. It looked over her shoulder and ran off in the opposite direction. Serenity didn't to turn around, she didn't want to see what a vile creature would be running from. She heard that ungodly scream again. She was picked off the ground and thrown at a tree, this time she felt everything. The searing pain that jolted through her entire body. She cried out and looked at what had thrown her. She could only see its silhouette, its glowing orange eyes burned her soul down to cinders. Suddenly, she woke up. She was sweating and Isla was shaking her yelling for her to wake the hell up. Serenity looked at her and didn't tell her what happened, she also refused to tell her about her still aching body. She was dreaming, yet--it felt so real

A/N Thank you guys for reading my story, I love writing it. Its my first time in years writing a story so let me know what you think of it and if you have any tips, please leave them in the comments. I'd love to hear your feedback and criticism. There should be at least another chapter out today.

Bye!