# 2 - Stressed Øut

Trust me when I say this, but standing at the airport waiting for your brother is the most boring job ever.

Especially if you have to hold a classy sign with their name— "Maxim Winters" in Helvetica Neue Light Italics font. The original one was in the ridiculous 'giddyup' font, but that was when mum and dad were going to pick him. I ain't gonna hold that silly sign.

It was six in the evening and h sun had already started to dip down. The sky rebelled in shades of oranges, reds and yellows. The metallic grey building of the airport had started to come to life as the lights started switching on.

Mum and dad had to stay a little more late at laboratory and so here I was, standing to receive their darling son, returning after a long battle at Syria. No he isn't. Max had gone for student exchange program to Britain. And the brat is returning. Why didn't he just settle there? I was this close to getting all the property signed to my name. Damn!

Amidst the crowd pouring out of the terminal, I noticed a blob of the familiar golden head of the lannister and then a six feet dork giant waving excitedly at me.

"What are you? Five?" I said as soon as he reached my hearing range. He was dressed in his black as ever jeans and a white button down and some...crocs? What is wrong with this guy?

"Darling sister. I missed you so much," he snooped down to take me into a giant hug.

Despite hating this public display of affection, trapped between his arms, I let myself sink back a bit and feel what home felt like. Yeah I missed you too brother.

Putting on my badass glasses again, I cleared my throat, "If you're done with PDAing, can we get a move on?"

"Sure chica, sure." Max said. He hauled the luggage and put ___ of the car. I tossed the car keys to him. I am too lazy to drive.

"Spanish? You were in Britain I suppose, and not Spain?" I asked, " You sure, you didn't do a fiver and went to Spain, joined some drug cartel for two months. Became the right hand of Mr. Escobar 2018 or something?"

He threw his head back in a laughter, "oh dear lord, I did miss your exaggeration a lot."

I shrugged. He continued, " By the way did I tell you, you look beautiful in this peach dress. It's cute."

"Umm— uh thanks..." I murmured.

What the hell? What happened to him. Has he lost his senses or what? That idiot.

Here are the ground rules if you are an acquaintance of mine. You do not compliment me on my beauty. I choose to be complimented on my brains rather than beauty.

I hurried along the other side of the car and slid inside. I snapped at him, "Will you stop hitting on your sister for god's sake?! Drive and let's get home. I think you caught some deadly trans Atlantic sickness and now you're acting weird."

Still laughing he settled inside and started the engine. The rest of the drive was pretty usual except that he kept on ranting how much he had missed everyone and blah blah blah. God help me but from where does he gets so much emotions. I don't have any.

We reached home about one hour later. The night had already dawned and the front lights on the porch were on. The garden and trees were decorated and music boomed from inside.

"Fairy lights!" My brother squealed, still a five year old in a nineteen year old Hulk's body.

I looked at him bewilder and sighed. "Guess I have to Kentucky Fry the two month british twat outta him now."

We went inside to find mom and dad had thrown him a welcome back party.

Geez, what is with these guys and so many emotions, I thought as I saw them exchange quite a few hugs and tears.