Bless you

The sun, the warm sun.

I sprinted my way towards it, but I couldn't seem to reach it, it only seemed to get further away from my reach. I screamed as my legs burned until finally, finally I pushed the glass door open, almost breaking it.

But then, just as the warm, morning air flew through my brown hair, something stung me in my lower back, right next to my spine. In an instant my single working arm couldn't hold the force to open the door all the way, suddenly I felt weak. Weaker than I had ever felt. I tried pushing it with my body anyways, but I couldn't hold myself up with my legs.

I knew they had shot me something, I just didn't know what.

Was I going to die? Is this how it would end? All my life and hard work? This is it?

I stumbled to the ground, the heavy glass door pushing me inside again. I felt the warmth of a crystal that had been exposed to the sun on my face. I could still see the sunlight, mocking me. I was so close but so far away.

"Logan" I heard a very familiar voice. I adverted my eyes in its direction and saw the blurry figure of a person moving towards me.

"Sun" I said with an almost inaudible voice. "The sun is there"

A pair of green dots was all I could make out of the figure as everything went black.

••••

"Not many people are able to push my buttons" Aris said with a dry, fake humorous tone. "But you managed to"

I was sitting on my bed. Both my arms were placed on each side of my body. The effect of the drug was still lingering in my head, but I hated to say I already knew how to adapt to the dizziness of it, I had plenty of practice.

"I'm impressed" Aris turned to look at me and smiled a devilish smile.

"Get to the point, what's the punishment?" I asked with the strongest voice I could manage, I didn't let it crack, I was way past crying now.

Aris glanced at her perfectly manicured hands nonchalantly. Then, she raised her eyes to mine, her icy stare cut through me but I didn't let it show. I wasn't going to give her the satisfaction.

"I have other significant plans for you, Logan" She said, her red, thin lips and her moving tongue reminded me of a snake's. I despised snakes, but something told me they had nothing on this woman.

"Oh, such delight"

She ignored my sarcasm and walked towards me slowly.
"The way you handled that man with just one working arm and managed to almost walk through the front door was entertaining to watch" She said and smiled.
"Ezra!" She called him without breaking eye contact with me. She kept looking at me like she was searching something on my face. I frowned.

Ezra pushed the door open and I noticed he had a folder in his hands. His eyes landed on me and I almost felt like walking to him and hitting him right on that perfect, robotic face of his. I fisted my hands.

He walked towards Aris as she held her hand to him. He placed the folder in her grip, then turned, and without another glance at me, left the room.

"You impressed me, Logan" Aris said again, it was starting to get annoying. I didn't give a damned fuck if I had impressed her snake ass or not.