Intoxication

I was looking at the ceiling while telling Ezra about the time I met Britney Spears on my trip to L.A. I had asked him if he even knew who Britney Spears was, to which he had just rolled his eyes for the fifteenth time, if my count was any good.

"Yeah, and she almost stepped on my feet cuz she didn't see me" I said. "I was so shook!"

"That is an entertaining story" He said with too much sarcasm for his own good. I glanced his way. His voice had sounded bored but his lips were softly curved upwards. I looked away.

We were both laying on the floor side by side. It had been at least an hour since I had started drinking with him, although I barely let him have any at all. The sweet self induced numbness and carelessness of the alcohol was working itself on me like magic; my head felt light and my tongue was heavy. Ezra seemed to be a lot more sensible than me, though.

I was just about to take another sip from the once heavy metal container, when Ezra slipped it off my hand with a swift move.

"Hey!" I protested

"That's enough for tonight" Ezra said, closing the little cap with his long fingers and placing the flask under his mattress. I watched him with utter attention.

He had such nice fingers. Long and strong, really manly and rough. I bit my lip.

He noticed I had gone quiet all of a sudden so his eyes darted towards me. His hair was messy and it was the first time I could see his curls in all their glory, although they still looked a bit stiff from the gel. I wondered what they would look like after a shower.

"What?" He asked. His lips were so curvy and juicy. Not at all like David's thinner, pinker lips.

I blinked away the thoughts before they could lead me towards more dangerous paths.

"Remember when you told me a knock knock joke?" I asked him.

"Yeah" He said with caution.

"Why did you do that?" I asked and bit one of my fingernails.

He was a little taken aback from my question. He entwined his fingers over his chest and looked at the ceiling. His face looked so nice while resting on the pillow... actually, his face always looked nice.

"Mm, well. I'm not sure" He admitted. I frowned.

"And how is that?"

"I..." He looked at me. "Sometimes I did things out of pure impulse, y'know" He started. "I wasn't really thinking about my self or- um even you when I said it" He looked up. "I guess some part of me just automatically wanted to make you feel better, without me consciously aware, I can't explain it-"

"I think I understand" I said, looking at him with a weird sense of awe.

"You do?" He glanced towards me from the side. I nodded at him.

"And it was a very good knock knock joke" I said.

His lips curled upwards. It was such a beautiful sight.

"I had searched for it in a magazine and thought you would like it" He admitted. This made me smile fully.

"I did" I said. I looked towards the ceiling again.

There was a long silence after that, none of us uttering any kind of sound while we listened to each other breathe.

"This would be much more fun if we had some music, don't you think?" I said and smiled. "What type of music do you like?"