Chapter 1 - Introduction

Author's Note:

Hi guys! So this is the first chapter of my new book. And I hope you'll bear with me. This story gets better and better,I swear. Give it a chance. Please do read,appreciate,comment and vote! I would very much appreciate that. 

-n

-

Jamie's POV

It was a normal windy day here in California. From where I live,coffee shops have taken over the streets. Wherever direction you look at,you would always see a coffee shop nearby. Which probably is the main reason why I'm always hyperactive in the morning. 

This is my everyday routine,report for duty,get some coffee and go home. 

Basically,I'm supposed to be studying for college right now but then,unfortunately,my family's not that rich to afford such education. I'm working on an undercover unit right now. 

For the moment,I'm investigating a cheating senator. 

Woopee! 

By the way,my name's Jamie Morris. I've been living with just my dad ever since the day I was born. My mom died when I came out of her. And from that moment on,my dad and I became the best buds ever. 

I hovered my leather jacket over my white plain shirt and snaked my hands towards its pockets. "Remember,look for a pro white bentley. It should be just infront the le vonne cafe." that's my look out,his name's Garret. He's my partner when it comes to outdoor investigation. He speaks through this tiny earphone placed to my ear to guide me. 

"I can't see any pro white bentley" I pretend to look around as I murmured my words. 

"It should be there in 8 seconds" he answered back. 

I counted until 7 in my mind and that was when a pro white bentley came. I looked for a near bench infront of the cafe and I immediately saw one. "Take at least 10 pictures" Garret spoke. 

As the car's door open,I already saw the senator,wearing his usual suit. And then after him was this blondie who was wearing a silver cocktail dress,and she was holding a gold purse on her right hand. 

I slowly and carefully took pictures of them with my Nikon D90. 

"It's obvious that this senator's cheating his wife" I whispered. 

"I know!" Garret responded. 

When I finally took my last photo,I decided to follow them inside the cafe. "Where are you going?!" Garret half yelled half whispered into my earphone. "Relax! I'm gonna follow them to hear their conversation!" I replied as I slowly walked towards the other side of the street. 

"Are you crazy?! That's not a part of our plan!" He yelled again. 

"You know,eventually,if you're gonna continue screaming thorugh my earphone,you will totally pay for my ear surgery!" I yelled back. Gaining people's looks. 

When I got inside the cafe,I immediately looked for the senator and his company without being too obvious. And then I finally saw them,near the stairs,towards the left window. This is it. 

I walked towards the table near them and I sat immediately. 

"You know,we could just go to my hotel room and go straight to dessert" the woman told the senator with this flirtatious accent. That was when I heard giggles and flirty responds. 

This makes me shiver. Ugh!

"Are you recording them?" Garret spoke to me. 

"Yes" I simply replied. 

After a good 3 minutes,I quickly head out the store and kept my phone inside my pocket. "You are lucky that those two don't have an idea of what you just did"  

"Whatever Garret. I'm just doing my job" I said as I ride my triumph motorbike. 

-

"You did a very good job today Jamie! You'll receive your money and your new mission tomorrow morning. Report here as early as 7 am. Got it?" Mr. Anderson smiled at me as he grabbed the photos from my hand. 

Mr. Anderson is my boss. He's 40 years old. And he's also my uncle. If it wasn't because of him,I wouldn't have a job like this. Gladly,he saw my potential and took me in as soon as he could. 

"I told you getting some more information wouldn't hurt" I rubbed my words to Garret's face who was glaring at me. "Ha ha ha,that was just luck,Morris." yes,Garret calls me by my last name. Oh and if you're wondering,Garret is the same age as I am. So we get along pretty well. 

"What do you think is your next mission?" he added as he handed me a cup of coffee. 

"I don't know? I think it's that issue about Mr. Harrison? Do you know him?" I asked Garret as I took a sip from the hot coffee he gave me. 

"You mean Mr. Cliff Harrison? Yeah I know him. How could you not? He's a millionaire. He owns companies that specialize in computer programs. He has an issue?" he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Not him,his son. I think? I really don't know what the issue is all about. But I've heard of it. And I really don't want to report to that mission" I shook my head and chuckled. 

"Why not?"

"I don't know? I just have a bad feeling about it" 

-

A/N

Yes,I'm sorry if it's a short chapter. It's just an introduction. The second chapter will immediately be published and will be much longer. This is a romantic comedy by the way. 

WAIT FOR SETH AND JAMIE TO GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER!
Read,comment and vote!

-n