Chapter 7

The car was silent for what seemed like a couple seconds as Steve drove through the freeway. To his left, he spotted a bright orange sign that kind of annoyed him. Or it could be that he was just annoyed in general.

"Road work ahead? Uh, yeah, I sure hope it does." He said, looking at you with a look of concern and annoyance. You rolled your eyes.

"No, Steve, it means that there's construction ahead or something." This was confirmed as the traffic built up and Steve was now coming to a stop, making slower progress.

Steve drove one of Stark's cars as he followed Tony through the traffic. You sat in the passenger seat, looking out the window, extremely annoyed.

Wanda sat behind you, and she felt like she was going to flip the car.

Pietro was seated behind Steve, wanting nothing more than to punch something.

And the source of all the annoyance was seated in the middle seat.

"Are we there yet?" Wade asked.

"Do you see this damned traffic moving?" You said.

Wade sighed. "I don't see why we couldn't take a jet. Y'all have some, I know you do. And I haven't eaten at all since last night! So excuse me for being a little impatient and bitchy!"

At this, his stomach growled right on queue. "YOU HEAR THAT! I ASKED FOR A SIMPLE HOT POCKET AND NO ONE FUCKING RESPONDED TO ME!"

Steve finally snapped. "You better stay quiet back there, or so HELP me, I WILL turn this car around and make the trip all over again and make you starve even longer!"

There was silence for a few moments after this. The traffic was finally moving along and you were on your way again.

"It's because I'm ugly, huh?" Wade spoke again.

You sighed. "No. Now that you mention it, I have no idea what you even look like."

You looked back to see if he would take off his mask, but he only sat there with his arms crossed.

"Oh come on, Wade. Let's see your face." You said, with a smile this time.

Wade huffed. "Fine." He took off his mask slowly and didn't meet anyone's eyes after revealing his face.

You were at a loss for words.

Wanda just stared at him, but not surprised. Even Pietro seemed as if he's seen this before.

"Were you experimented on?" Wanda asked.

Wade nodded. "Yeah. I had cancer, I was desperate to fix it so I can go back to having a normal life with my sexy girlfriend, then some douche named Francis fucked my shit up, I look like this now, and there's nothing I can do about it."

"Was it successful?" Pietro asked.

"Yep. I survived buring in a fire, being shot, a knife to the head, even a bullet through the asshole."

Steve nearly crashed.

"Okay, no more nasty talk." He said.

"What, it's the truth!"

Pietro was the only one laughing.

"But you know what?" Wade continued. "I love myself. Even though I look like a BURNT chicken nugget, I still love myself."

Pietro stopped laughing. "What the hell is a chicken nugget? Theres chicken legs, breast, thigh, wings, but a nugget? What the hell is that?"

"The whole damn chicken." You replied, cringing from the documentary you saw on how chicken nuggets were really made. "If you want quality chicken, make it at home."