Chapter 3 [Re-edited]

We stood there hand in hand in front of a wooden doorstep, under a polished cut Birch porch. It had the feeling of forlorn attached to it, yet the candle's light still glowed it luminous welcoming light throughout its windows.

The girl beside me revealed a white ghastly face as she huffed out breaths of uncomfort. As her opposite hand occupied her stomach, as she slightly began to crouch.

Slowly Katriona reaches out her unsteady hand, knocking on the door as loud as she could. Deep in the manor, the echoes of knocking faded. My gaze then met its way towards the door waiting patiently for any response.

Beyond the crystal clear panes, within the interior of the manor a shadow silhouette grew shorter the closer it got. "Once we're inside just follow me alright, and I'm sorry if they treat you cruelly," Katriona said in a pained tone with a downcast expression.

"Confirmative Lady Katriona."

The sound of an unlocking door then reached my ears, as my eyes peered towards the rotating doorknob. Next was an appearance of a woman within her 20's with rather smooth lush skin, long black glossy hair, and cold pale blue eyes greeted us.

Her gaze was directed towards me before shifting to Katriona. The woman's face then slightly deformed as it plasted white, her arm from her side lifted slowly as if concern for the girl, yet inhaled and retraced her movement.

"Miss Katriona why are you out of your room at this time? This sight of you is extremely unpleasant, return to your room and go wash up, your appearance is disastrous." The woman said, but despite that, her eyes kept shifting it direction everytime her words came out her mouth.

"Yes housekeeper Elaine" Katriona muttered before gently dragging me towards the staircase.

'The system has detected suspension. Analyzing Organism's status.'

'Action complete: status is now visible'

Name: Elaine Morrigan Jaylee

Gender: Female Age:29

Language: Arpin

Location: Estate Manor of the Oralee family, the Tseim Kingdom.

Level 17

Hp: 64/64

Mp: 489/489

Status: Tired

Magic Attribute: Water.

-----

Looking at her titles she had around nine, and one exposing the truth revealing the suspicion of her actions. Right now I didn't say anything instead I clearly observed their actions, along with their expression... yet it was clouded for me to understand. However, now that I had a helper at my side perhaps it will be easier for me to grasp the knowledge.

"Excuse me but who do you think you are just uninvitedly bringing strangers into this mansion, Miss Katriona." Elaine's voice now contained unwelcomeness. As she slowly approached me grabbing on to my arm forcefully.

'Hostility detected switching to k-'

"No Elaine!"Katriona said, parting ways from my hand to push Elaine backward, making her stagger.

'Hostility has gone, disengaging kill mode.'

Elaine only stood there shocked as if she witnessed something abnormal by Katriona's actions.

"She is my familiar! You're not to touch her again, she is of the Oralee property, so I'm sorry but please accept the fact..." As Katriona's voice left her mouth, her knees gave in making the girl clash towards the red carpeted floor. Using both arms to clutch onto her stomach closing her eyes as tears slowly swelled out.

"Miss Katriona..." Before Elaine could say anything else, my two pairs of arms picked up the frail girl in a princess hold, before slowly descending upstairs. I then slowly shift my vision to the organism below the staircase.

"Good night Lady Elaine, it was a pleasure meeting you." shortly descending on to the landing above the stairs. walking into the pitch black corridor, leaving the confused Elaine below.

'Automapping the way towards the Villainess's room'

After the indication of the system went off, a map was pictured in my left eye telling me the directions to take. I continued down the corridor before coming into contact with two statues of small gargoyles crumbling apart, leading to a door, followed by high peak bridge, attached to a tower.

The wind blew strongly. if it had been someone with a weak build of strength, they would have been pushed to their death immediately to the forest depth below.

With stride steps I reach the door, opening it to be greeted with an elegant room. It had a double bed covered with a light purple sheet and magenta colored duvet. Within a short distance away was a carefully crafted fireplace with a fire that's life was about to fade as the cracking sound grew weaker, and light that slowly extinguished.

I carried Katriona towards the bed gently placing her underneath the covers. Then slowly walked towards the logging shelf, picking up a large wooden piece before lodging it into the fireplace, before curiously standing around the room, I saw that the floor was made of marble with a large baby blue carpet. I was considering the idea whether or not her family hated her so much to give her such a place to stay in.

"Don't...leave...me" The girl muttered in her sleep before curling into a ball.

So I slowly approached her, taking a sit with on the chair right beside the bed. quietly holding out my hand to hers.

Within a second my hand was then grabbed. However because I didn't need any sleep, I just sat there and stayed in position.

'Going into note mode. here we can review your progress for today, are you ready? Yes/No'

My eyesight looked at Katriona before looking away, "Good night Lady Katriona."

'Note mode activating'

End of chapter 3

A/N

Hello reader, hopefully, this chapter is all right. To be honest I think it went well for the start before going downhill. However, I will go over it later and edit it. so I hope you enjoyed it.

Thank you for reading

Yours sincerely,

Fli Joker.

Word count: 913