6

Rye-

I'm an idiot. I know I am. There's no need to tell me. I didn't think before I spoke. I was angry. But the worst part is I wasn't even mad at Andy. I'm surprised he forgave me. We both knew I didn't mean what I had said. I don't even know why I had said it.

I turned my head to look at his sleeping figure. He was so peaceful and adorable. He's a living, breathing angel. He's my angel, and I don't know what I did to deserve him.

I carefully took my arms from his waist and stood up from the bed, looking at him one more time before exiting the room. It was early in the morning, so I didn't expect anyone to be awake yet.

I quietly opened the door to the Mindy room just to see that Mikey wasn't there. I stopped to think for a minute but then decided that he was old enough to take care of himself. I sat down on the couch and pulled my knees up to my chest. I let my mind think as I looked out the window to the field.

Andy-

I woke up alone. One of my worst nightmares. I'm afraid to be alone. I hate it.

I draped my legs over the side of the bed and stood up with shaky legs. I saw that the door to the bathroom was open and the light was out. My mind was telling me that he was fine but I couldn't help but worry.

I exited the room and entered the Mindy room. Mikey wasn't there, but sure enough Rye was with his chin resting on his knees. I instantly relaxed a bit. I heard him sniffle and my heart broke in two.

"Rye?" I questioned softly. He hummed in response. "Why are you crying?" I sat down next to him and placed my hand on his back. He wiped his cheeks.

"I hadn't realized I was crying." He answered and turned to look at my worried face.

He let a small smile show on his face as he wrapped his arms around me. He kissed my forehead. I closed my eyes, enjoying the feeling of his soft lips against my skin.

"How are you feeling?" He asked me. He rested his cheek on the top of my head.

"I'm... I'm ok I guess." I whispered and cuddled further into him. He rubbed his hands up and down my bare arms.

"Is anything bothering you, baby?" He asked and looked down into my eyes. I shook my head.

"No. I was just worried when you were gone this morning." I responded quietly. He nodded his head and held me closer.

"You wanna know what I was thinking about?" He whispered. I nodded my head yes. "I was thinking about how lucky I am to have you. You are my angel." He whispered the last part as my eyes met his. The smile lighting up his face was so contagious that I felt my own grow.

"I love you." I whispered so softly it was almost inaudible, but he could still hear it.

"I love you too, baby. More than you'll ever know." He whispered back. His voice was filled with so much love and passion. I believed his words.

We were leaning in when the door opened and Mikey walked in.

"Sorry guys." He said and chuckled. I sighed but laughed a bit myself.

"Where were you?" Rye asked him. He sat down on his bunk and grabbed his jumper, quickly putting it on.

"I slept with Jack last night. He was a bit worried about you guys and he didn't want to be alone." He responded as a light blush appeared on his cheeks and his eyes were trained on the floor. I smirked.

"You like Jack." I said out of the blue. He quickly shook his head as the blush deepened. Rye giggled.

"Ok fine. Maybe a little. But he doesn't need to know." He said quickly. I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"You idiot. He clearly likes you too. You know he wouldn't have been alone, Brook is like five feet away from him." Rye spoke up. Mikey shrugged his shoulders and stood up.

"Well, I guess your right. But I'm still gonna wait." He said and exited the room. I turned my attention back to Rye. He still had a smile on his face.

"They'd be cute together." He said and finally connected our lips. I nodded my head once we had both pulled away. "But... not as cute as us." He said and chuckled. I shook my head and giggled.

"Your an idiot." I replied, placing my head in the crook of his neck.

"Yeah I know." He responded and looked back out the window at the now falling rain. I leaned into him and started humming, enjoying the peaceful moment.

~

-|Ugh I hate how I ended this chapter but I can't think of anything else😕|-