04| shut up and kiss me

*SMUT WARNING*

INSTEAD OF DANGER FINDING HER, SHE WAS WALKING RIGHT UP TO ITS DOOR

INSTEAD OF DANGER FINDING HER, SHE WAS WALKING RIGHT UP TO ITS DOOR. Rory approached the large Godfrey mansion apprehensively. It was a nice and clear skied Sunday morning, the lavish home looked especially innocent, but Rory was wary. Her aunt and uncle had warned her about the cold woman that ran the household, with various 'don't speak to Olivia Godfrey' and 'stay away from that crazy bitch'.

But Shelley Godfrey had texted her the day before asking to hang out. The younger girl wanted to hear all about the school dance that Rory couldn't admit to barely remembering.

Yet she couldn't say no to Shelley despite feeling awkward after the events of Friday. Especially considering what a blather mouth she was drunk and sad, now Roman Godfrey knew way more than Rory ever intended him to. Contrary to her severe state of inebriation, Rory remembered what happened. Roman wasn't even an asshole about it and took her home like some nice guy.

Rory knocked on the heavy iron-wrought door of the mansion.

The door opened to reveal a beautiful, dark haired woman with cold eyes and a polite smile. She looked familiar, but Rory knew why. This was Roman and Shelley's mother—Olivia Godfrey.

"Hello, there." The beautiful woman had some sort of posh European accent. "May I help you?"

Rory tried her best to look as friendly as possible. "Hello, Mrs. Godfrey. I'm Rory. Rory Reyes. Shelley's friend?" She hoped the matriarch would recognize her family name.

"Oh. You're Giselle and Dante's niece. I heard about you," Olivia raised her brow coolly as recognition and judgement flashed in her eyes. Rory had a feeling Olivia might know the true reason why Rory was in Hemlock Grove; Rory didn't know how or why Olivia Godfrey would care, but the lady was too calculating in the way she stared at Rory.

Rory faked a smile. "Yes. I suppose I'm technically your neighbor as well since I'm living with them."

"Hmm." The woman arched her brow, looking Rory up and down unimpressed. "And what do you want with my daughter?"

"Shelley invited me over to hang out," Rory held up her phone showing the text messages as proof.

"Hang out?" Olivia articulated her words.

"Yeah, she wanted me to paint something for her," Rory gestured to her bag slung over her shoulder.

Both shifted their gazes to behind Olivia where they heard the obvious shuffling and heavy breathing. Shelley stood on the staircase, staring at her mother pleadingly. Rory smiled brightly.

"Well," Olivia sharply inhaled. "I suppose you may visit."

She stepped back, allowing Rory to enter the grand foyer. The Godfrey interior didn't disappoint, all marble and lavish decor, but barely lived in. Only expensive furnishings and empty halls.