08 | new start

cha seoyun's point of view

"don't play with food, princess." warned my brother, cha seojun. i lifted my head to see him staring at me.

"you know you can be honest, does it taste bad?" he questioned. he made me grilled salmon and some boiled vegetables for dinner.

"no, it tastes perfect. i'm just ... not in the mood," i told him. i took my salmon and chewed it slowly. it is savory but my mind was filled with kim taehyung.

he let go his knife and fork as he stood from his chairs with a furious expression, "i'm going to give taehyung a lesson," he said while searching the car key.

i quickly hold his hand and fake a smile, "it's not about him."

i lied.

i'm professional at it.

i gave him the widest smile i could give, telling that's everything's alright.

his mouth shaped an 'o' and placed his butt on the chair, continuing to eat again.

"so... is it shinjae or sana?" but i shook my head, "no oppa, i'm just tired with studying and stuff."

he gave me another slice of salmon as he patted my head, "you have to eat and rest a lot, princess."

his smile warmed my heart.

he turned on the telly with the remote beside him as we heard.

"kim donghyun, the owner of the abc group who lately related to the corruption case, found dead this morning in the forbidden forest. he had been reported missing for 6 days. the cause of his death is an animal attack. police are still doing an investigation on wild animals especially wolves. there is a report of the missing person; han yujin, park jisoo, lee yunha, do bora, choi —"

"seoyun, don't go home too late and hang out with strangers, okay?" he reminded me and i reply with a nod.

for the last three years, the number of missing people increase. the reporters say the cases are caused by an animal attack.

police keeps saying the animal attack was the reason because they couldn't find the murderer. they gave the same reason on every death, even on mom and dad's.

"watch for your belongings too. people are so smart these days... they hypnotize you before they steal anything."

my body froze hearing the word 'hypnotize'. was it what taehyung trying to do with me?

sana :
hey hey, have you guys heard the news? there are 17 people reported missing.

shinjae :
yeah, lee yunha is my english course friend. seoyun be careful she lives in the same apartment as you :(((

me :
holy shit you're scaring me

my brother took my empty plate and peeked on my phone, "is that your boyfriend?" i turned off the screen and put it on my table. 

i shook my head, "nah, it's my girls." he put our plates in the sink and said, "give me their numbers."

"w-what?"

he turned on the pipe and started to wash the dishes. "um... oh... in case your phone died or something happened to you. just for emergency." he mumbled. 

i walked to him, helping seojun to clean the dishes, "oh... which one do you like oppa? shinjae or sana?" i teased and hit his arm with my elbow.

he rubbed his elbow faking his pain but i hit him harder, "ya! i'm your big brother. i just want you to be safe." he yelled, stopped at his dishes and stared deeply to me.

"ah... so shinjae it is," i exclaimed as i ran to my room laughing so hard.

"cha seoyun!"

i told the girls about everything. i told them about kim taehyung and the toilet thing. they hyper-react when i told them about me seeing jiyeon giving a blowjob to park jimin. they asked for more details, but i couldn't describe them perfectly.

sana poked my hand as she informed, "seoyunie, the devil at 3 o'clock." i turned my head to my left then to my right— trying not to make it obvious. i spotted kim taehyung, walking towards me.

"holy shit! what should i do?" i whispered in panic. "just act normal." she replied. i took my biology book and open a random chapter to read.

"ladies, can i have a moment?" in a blink of an eye, sana and shinjae took their trays of food and left me with kim fucking taehyung. i gave sana a death glare but she giggled.

holy shit that was not the plan.

"cha seoyun," he called my name but i remained quiet.

"i want to apologize." i looked at him in the eyes and raised my right brow.

"i want to say sorry, i truly am." he apologized. his tone was different, it was deep but softer and convincing. he continued, "i was so emotional. that song reminded me of someone i shouldn't think of."

"i am never comfortable with people asking about my feelings," he swallowed his saliva before he continued, "i don't like talking about it."

"i am the one who should say sorry."

"sorry, i'm not going to talk about it again." i promised.

he exhaled his breath, "and i'm not going to shout at you again."

we nodded, "for our music project," he let out his pinky finger.

i faked a smile and intertwined our pinkies,  "for our music project."

"