13. Chance

(Your POV)

"What do you mean by married? Please tell me you're joking."

"I'm perfectly serious." He frowns. "Why shouldn't we get married?"

"Tae." Jungkook warns.

"What?" He glares at Jungkook, who mouths something that I can't see.

The others seemed to understand, nodding along with him.

"Ugh, fine." He looked at me, smiling again. "Nevermind, we'll get married next time."

Wait. What?

What did Jungkook and the others know that I do not?

Suspicious but not wanting to let them know that I knew something was going on, I resumed eating my dinner.

I should find out after dinner.

Finding a new goal for myself, I chewed on my food resolutely, resolving to find out what they are hiding.

(Jungkook's POV)

Did Tae really forget about it so fast? I had just reminded him the other day.

2 days ago

"Hyung? Can I come in?"

"Of course."

I entered the room hesitantly.

"What did you want to talk to me about, Jungkook?"

"It's nothing much, but... You and Y/N can only be official if she says so herself. Okay?"

Tae gave me a weird look. "Why?"

"I don't know... It's just something I thought of. If you try to act like she is yours immediately, you might end up pushing her away-- It's just what I think."

My fingers were crossed behind my back, and I bit my lip nervously. Does he know my true intention?

"Okay. You have a point."

Yes!

Now, I looked over at Y/N, who was yawning cutely. She really is adorable, for someone of her age. i thought girls were all just pests.

"Y/N, already tired?" Suga smiled at her.

I wanted to glare at him so bad, but... No.

I looked at my sausage and started stabbing it repeatedly with the knife.

"What, Jungkook, leave the poor sausage alone!" Jimin scolded.

I sighed.

What's mine is mine. What's yours is mine.

As long as they are not official...

I won't lose.

(Your POV)

"Jin, I'll help you wash the dishes." Maybe i can prod an answer out of him.

While washing the dishes, I tried to ask casually. "Jin, why would I get married to V?"

He avoided my gaze, ears turning red. "i don't know, why would you ask me?"

"Jin, you're a terrible liar."

"Was it that obvious? Ah, Jungkook is--"

He covered his mouth. "Did you hear that?!"

"As a matter of fact, yes."

"Crap!"

...

Seems like this has to do with Jungkook? Ah, but I really don't want to go look for that bully. What's his problem with me? He can bully others, but he just picks on me. I've decided not to give him any more attention, but then he just gets more annoying.

It reminds me of that one kid in my class last time.

With a pang in my heart, I thought about Dae. I'm sorry, I really hope she isn't blaming herself.

Hopefully all of them can move on and just forget about me. I never was that special anyway. Seven minus one equals six. Six is still a big number.

I walked towards Jungkook's room, finding his door hanging ajar.

"Jungkook?..." i said as i pushed open the door. He didn't hear me, his eyes still glued to the screen in front of me.

"What the hell Jungkook?! What is that you are looking at?!" I screamed, covering my eyes to protect its innocence.

"Oh my god-- Y/N?" Jungkook jumped. "Shit! Why didn't you say anything?"

"I did!" I said, still covering my eyes. "Who knows that you would be such a p--"

"Shh!" Jungkook hushed me, looking towards his door. "Someone could hear!"

"Why are you so worried about that? If you want to watch this kind of stuff, you shouldn't be afraid of getting caught!"

"Ugh, just-- Don't tell anyone, okay?"

This was my chance!

"I will, but you must tell me about what you mouthed to V just now. Everything. Why would I even get married? What's going on?"

Jungkook sighed. His eyes flicked back to his screen, and suddenly, with a smirk, he slammed down the lid of his computer.

He directed his gaze at me. And grinned even wider.

Backing away, I knew i was in trouble. Where did that newfound confidence come from?

"See, I told Tae something the other day..."

"I told him that if you didn't agree to become his, you two can't be considered official."

"Which means..."

He leaned against the wall.

"i HaVe A cHaNcE."