Chapter Five

Kobra watched her for only a minute, the others came running towards her. They started laughing and smiling, he wanted to kiss her again. "What's wrong?" Gerard shook Kobra out of his trance. "You spaced out for a second." Kobra pointed to the four girls standing by the van. "What? The girls, what about them?"

​"I haven't seen them in so long."

​"Why not? Do we break up with them or something?"

​"No, they all die in a fire caused by the BLI." Kobra couldn't hold back anymore and walked to the group. They all stopped talking to look at the stranger. Emily, who was always the sweetest to anybody, smiled at him. The others were more preserved, untrusting of strangers. "Sorry to interrupt but I had to see you Emily." She looked at him, to her his eyes reminded her of someone.

​"How do you know my name?"

​"My name is Kobra Kid, I'm a Killjoy from the future. My real name was Mikey Way." Heather, being the most protective, stepped in front of Emily.

​"Okay crazy, why don't you just walk away." That's when Gerard appeared next to Kobra's side.

​"He's telling the truth, he's Mikey from the future. He needs the guys to go back with him to save the world. We're gonna be superheroes or something."

​"Mikey ran off though and we need to find him. Have you guys seen him?" They shook they're heads no, so they went off searching again. This time Emily, Kobra and Heather were one group and Gerard, Kaitlyn and Lydia were the other.

​"So if you're Mikey from the future do me and him stay together?"

​"What about Ray and I?"

​"Ray's Killjoy name is Jet Star and yes you all stay with us throughout everything. You even become Killjoys yourself, pretty badass ones too. Emily you become Shattered Heart and Heather you become Skye Blu."

​"What's the future like?" Kobra had expected questions like these but he didn't expect them from his love and one of their friends. He pondered telling them their fate, would it help anything? Maybe if he warned them they could stop that part of the future from happening. There's also the possibility that if he told them that it would change the future drastically.

​"It's a bad time, the Better Living Industries runs the city. If you don't follow their rules and live by their means of life then they eliminate you. Killjoys are sort of the vigilantes of the city, we hide outside the walls in the desert. We all end up getting married together, but the happiness never lasts long."

​It was Heather who asked the next question, curiosity getting the better of her. "What happened?"

​Kobra took a deep breath before answering her. "The BLI find where we were hiding and came when we weren't there. The guys were on a raid finding supplies, leaving you girls back at the diner. By the time we came back, the diner was burnt to the ground with you all inside."