Chapter 2💫

KYDAH'S POV. . .

"Mehr." I called when I came out of the bathroom after a long relaxing shower. I know I wasn't supposed to take a long shower since our guest should be here by now but I just couldn't help it.

"Hmm?" she hmm-ed typing away in her iPhone 6s. God, this girl and phone is like chewing gum and mouth. Am I even right with my english? What does chewing gum like most? Whatever.

"What should we wear?" I ask obliquely sitting down on the bringing out the chair in front of our vanity table. She's my fashion guru. I always ask for her opinion before dressing up and when I was in college, I will just wear jilbaabs or shailahs, it's just so simple and comfortable.

"Jallabiya or Natives?" she asked back, walking into our walk in closet which was by the end of the room. Its so huge and it contains- mostly Mehr's rubbish inside. Okay I have my own huge part there but its still not like hers.

"Nah, I'm going for jallabiya" I said sitting on the chair near the vanity table- which I brought out, where our make up stuffs are well arranged, mostly Victoria Secret- perfumes and creams. I like Victoria secret, like so so much. Who doesn't?

"Same." She said bringing out a red jallabiya- red with golden embroidery just alittle above her chest, from the rack where many of her jallabiyas were hanged in a very neat way. I'm sure she didn't do it alone, maybe Nadiya helped.

"Bring mine please; any black," I plead combing my long, silky, black hair after finishing my light makeup; kohl, powder and lip gloss. I'm not a fan of makeup, no offense makeup lovers, I'm also not against it. I like it when people do it.

"Here," she said keeping it on my bed and I murmured a thanks. It's long black jilbaab with a little silver embroidery at the back and wrists.

"I broke up with Khaliq at school when he came," she stated when she wore her jallabiya. Why is she talking nonchalantly again, as if she's talking about the weather whilst she's talking about heart break.

"He wanted to marry me because of Paa's money and status." Ooops, so all these things that are happening in the movies and novels are happening to my sister. Where are you taking us dunya? I ask myself.

"What!?" I shrieked, sometimes I act like a teenage girl and I myself knew it but I can't help it, its horrifying. "How?" she got the hint that I'm asking her how did she know.

"I heard him talking to someone on the phone when he came to school. I was having a bad feeling about him these last few weeks," she vocalised with a shrug and me gaping at her like a fish.

"Inaa Lillahi Wa'inna Ilaihi Alraji'un, (From Allah we are and unto him we shall return)." I murmured closing my mouth with my hand. I feel nauseous all of a sudden, "So people like this still exist?" I asked more to myself.

"Wallah, I never thought so. I didn't even feel like crying when I heard him. It's like I've never loved him wallah. No heartbreak, no tears, no tissues and no watching Netflix the whole night. I don't love him Didi, I'm just fooling myself just like the rest." Mehr said boisterously.

"Thank God you found out earlier, only Allah knows what were his plans when he succeed," I shake my head in disapproval.

"We broke up right away. I can't even look at his face. Thank God he's going to Sudan. He's going to be there for like six years I think. And he was telling me that we could go together by then we're happily married," she laughed, "Can you imagine?"

"Wow!" I said relieved but still, I'm feeling a little bit uneasy with the new information. My sister is one hell of a woman sometimes.

"We look like twins!" she twirled around in front of the mirror. She likes saying that whenever we're getting ready together but we don't look much alike even though people can point out that we're sisters immediately- if we're seen together.