Goodbye, Little Book

Jesse and her new friend, whom she decided to name Cluck Norris, woke up early the next morning, ready to get a head start on their journey. "Come on, buddy," She said as she took an apple out of her bag to eat for breakfast. She bit into it, and was immediately satisfied with the crisp, juicy taste. She hadn't eaten anything since leaving, and this apple really hit the spot. She cut a little slice for her pet, and the two of them continued on their journey.

--------------------

Lukas' jaw dropped. He hadn't seen Cassie since he, Jesse, Petra, and Ivor traveled through the portal hallway. She looked at Lukas and sneered. "Well, well, well..." she laughed, her voice filled with annoyance, "if it isn't the little brat who crashed my dinner party." Lukas just stared back at her, a loss for words. Sure, he had crashed her dinner party, but what was that compared to murdering several innocent people? "Well, are you going to answer me, or are you going to keep your mouth open like a fish out of  water? Well, I mean... you kind of are like a fish out of water," she laughed, "since you're all alone, and-"

"ENOUGH!" Soren screamed.

Lukas was taken aback. He'd never heard anyone scream that loud. 

"God, Cassie. This is the one thing you can't do. How many times have I had to tell you?"

"But, I-" Cassie stuttered.

"Enough Talking! Just tell Lukas why he's here!"

"But wouldn't that be talking, too?"

"Just do it!"

"Fine."

Soren turned around and started looking through Lukas' stuff.

"Listen up pretty boy," Cassie said loud enough for him to jump. His neck snapped around and he looked at her, remaining silent. "Let's just keep this short. You've screwed both of us over, and now it's our turn." Lukas was about to respond when, out of the corer of his eye, he saw Soren holding his notebook. His eyes flickered back and forth; his fingers turned the pages rapidly. "Give that back, Soren," Lukas grumbled. Soren smirked and walked over to Lukas. "Give what back? This?" he said as he dangled the book in front of him mockingly. Lukas kicked his leg as hard as he could, making him drop the book. Before Lukas could even attempt to take the book, Soren grabbed it and threw it out the window. It landed on the ground with a small thud. Lukas realized at that moment that he must've been somewhere high up; the book took too long to hit the ground to be somewhere close to the ground. "I guess nobody's going to know that story now," Soren said with a laugh, "oh and Lukas? Never kick me again." 

Time seemed to slow down as Soren hurled his fist towards Lukas' face. His eyes widened as the fist came in contact with his skin, and was immediately flooded with pain. He winced in pain, and he collapsed on the ground, unconscious.