In The Mountains

At last Jesse thought to herself as she appeared at the base of the mountains. The name was indeed the "Jagged Mountains," but Jesse was definitely not expecting the mountains to actually be as tall, crooked, and sharp as they were. "Let's go, Cluck," she said to the little chicken at her side. She picked him up and put him in her backpack, leaving it unzipped, and started to hike up the mountainsides.

---------

Lukas woke up in a daze, confused on what had happened the night before. Suddenly, it all came back to him in an instant. He lightly touched his face where Soren had hit him and could feel the pain, the metallic taste of blood, all over again. He shuddered. Soren and Cassie weren't in the room; in fact, he didn't even know where he was. "They must've moved me while I was unconscious..." Lukas mumbled to himself. 

The room was very small. Silent. Still. He sighed and sat down on the hard dirt floor. What was he going to do now? It was practically pointless to try to escape. Instead, he took his finger and started scribbling words on the floor. Jesse, if you're out there... please help. I'm scared. I miss you. Please. He wiped his hand over all the words to get rid of them. It felt good to write again... At that moment, the door slowly creaked open. He could see the tip of a sword poking through...

Goodbye Jesse...

---------

Jesse suddenly fell flat on her face. An array of curses spewed from her mouth; a variety of different clucks came from her companion. "FU-"

"CLUCK"

Jesse looked down to see Cluck Norris standing on top of a little notebook. A little, red notebook. Lukas' little, red notebook...

Cluck hopped off and pushed it toward Jesse. She then picked it up and flipped it open to the first page. "Dear Diary," she read aloud, "oh my god... this was Lukas' diary..." she felt like it was a violation to his privacy if she read the diary, but she just couldn't help herself...

"Today's the first day of my adventure with Jesse. Sure, I was there in that whole witherstorm ordeal, but Jesse told me I could go off and find my friends. She's honestly one of the most sweet, kind, and generous people I've ever met. That's why I'm so excited to go on this adventure. I know that no matter where it takes us, no matter how horrible some of these places may be, I'll get to be with the person I love the most."

Tears started forming in Jesse's eyes. She flipped through the journal to see his latest entry.

"Dear Diary," she read, "I don't think I'll be able to make it back home. It looks like the end of the road for me... Soren's got me trapped here, and I feel like nothing good is going to happen while I'm up here... If anybody finds this... please don't come find me. I'm probably long gone by now. Instead, warn others. Soren is coming, and he doesn't have good intentions... Jesse, if you see this, I just want you to know--"

She stopped reading. There was nothing left on the page. They got Lukas... he was gone.