𝟎𝟏|𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓

𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐘  𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐄

"Again, Lucy!"

If I hear the word 'again' one more time today, it might be the thing that finally drives me over the edge.

I'm close to ripping my skates off and throwing them away. I can imagine the relief as the feeling of never having to see those things again, and never seeing my coach again washed over me. I'd give this ice rink my middle finger and head towards the local bar and drink my heart out. However, this would have to remain in my imagination. Unfortunately.

"God damn it Lucy. You are being sloppy!" She shouts as my partner and I fly past her. 

"Being sloppy won't get you your third gold medal. It'll get you bronze at most!" she screams at the top of lungs. 

Lorenzo tuts as he lifts me into the air above his head. "Come on, Lucy, you're better than this!" He mutters quietly as he slowly lowers me to the ground. His arms are slightly shaking, and I can't help but wonder if I was gaining weight. Shaking my head, I give him a glare before starting our next move.

Coach May waits until we land our double axels perfectly before praising us. Or rather praising Enzo, since her words are, "Perfect Enzo, just absolutely perfect."

Lorenzo Di Laurentis is the best male figure skater the US offers. When my skate partner of eight years retired because he would be in his mid-thirties by the time we went for our third gold, my agent recommended Enzo. This is our second year of being partners, and our second year of getting our asses handed to us by Coach May.

I swear; she is the devil incarnate. I don't know if its actually possible for her to be the devil's incarnate, but when she's screaming at us, I'd like to think she is. In addition, she curses in italian, and I swear I hear some words that only the devil uses.

Coach May Lukas was a figure skating a superstar on her day. The rumor is that she was supposed to go to the Olympics with her partner, but her partner drugged her, and she was disqualified, but her partner was able to go as a single skater. She tried to tell the head honcho, but because her mother was a drug addict, they figured like mother-like daughter and would not hear her out. Sad really.

That's why she was in a bad mood since she started coaching skaters like Enzo and I about 15 years ago I believe.

The peaceful sound of Someone Like You instrumental drowns out as we finish with our foreheads touching. Our chest's heave against each other, and when we finally hear the singular clap, we let go and skate towards the edge and to what is going to be the cause of my next migraine.

She's smiling when we reach her, which makes us both let out a sigh of relief until I realize her smile is directed towards Enzo. Lucky motherfucker. "Enzo you are perfect as always." he smiles back at her. She turns to me and her eyes narrow, "If you can't land your lutz, I'm going to take it out."

My mouth drops open at her words. Successful landing of a quadruple lutz is one of the hardest moves I have ever done. I can land it. I've done it thousands of times, but for some reason, when ever I perform it with Enzo. I always fail. It makes no sense. I could do it with my ex partner Diego, but for some reason, I cannot land it with Enzo.

Pride is useless when it comes to skating, especially when you get it wrong; you end up on solid cold ice that leaves bruises for weeks. That said there was no way I would be prepared to deal with Enzo's annoying fake sad face when he could leave, but I could not.

"It's coming May. I promise." I say with a sigh

"I know it is Lucy, your getting the rotations so I can't for the life of me figure out why you can not land it." That was probably one of the sweetest thing's she's said to me.