𝟎𝟒|𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐓𝚮 𝐓𝚮𝚬 𝐖𝚨𝐈𝐓

𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐘 𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐄

It's been two days since I started with liquid diet and I hate it.
It didn't help that today was margarita Tuesday with Kolton and Sophia and they were on their fourth margarita and I was drinking Iced water.
Pathetic.

Kolton doesn't agree with May about putting me on a liquid diet. Like River he said that Enzo should be in the gym working those muscles. Kolton also made a point that being a hundred pounds wasn't healthy. Sophia says that I should be atleast 110 which is the weight I am right now. I agree but this is what coach and Enzo want so I have to do it.

Sipping my iced water I watch the married couple argue about what to eat. Soph wants nachos, Kolton wants fries and they always share their food so their arguing about what to order.
"Why don't you guys just get both?" I suggest.
Soph gives Kolton a look. Kolton then shrinks back and nods which makes Soph smile triumphantly.
Even though they are fine with money, Kolton doesn't like over spending which I get but in this instance just do what your wife wants. Isn't the saying happy wife happy life ? That definitely fits with Sophia.

"So how's the love life?" Soph asks setting her chin on the palm of her hand.

"Boring. I'm convinced there's no one out there for me. Plus when would I ever have the time to date. All I do is practice and when I'm not practicing, I'm coaching the juniors and when I'm not doing that sponsorships. So again how will I ever have time to date someone."

Soph and Kolton look at eachother, I can just tell they have something up their sleeve. After a few minutes of them silently talking to each other, Soph looks at me with a huge grin on her face. I glance at Kolton, he's wearing a nervous expression.

"Well Kolton and I have the perfect guy for you!" She's so excited that she's doing her little happy dance in her seat.

"Fine, who is it?" I know I should've already learned my lesson with Soph and her setting me up on blind dates, since the last guy she set me up with was their neighbor who at that time was recently single. I gave him the chance but when he took me home and we started to hook up, he started crying on top of me. Saying that he missed his ex, how she was the only one for him and a bunch of other crap. After he had cried his eyes out, he then proceeded to try to sleep with me, making me kick him out of my apartment. When he left I called and chewed Soph out, it wasn't technically her fault but since she set me up with the dude, I blamed her.

"His name is Ryan, he's our new neighbor." I go to interrupt her but she shush's me "He's one of the point guards for the lakers. He's 6'5, tattoos, and he's hot." Kolton gives her a look at her last words but Soph being Soph just shrugs him off.

"How old?"

"Twenty nine." she says instantly. Three years older, not bad.

"Is he a known player?"

"Nope. Or if he is, he keeps his business out of the public." Good, if anything were to happen between us, I want it private. I've seen how the media will ruin new relationships and I hate it. The media doesn't care about us or our feelings they just care about getting a story and getting paid for said story.

"Hm, fine I'll do it."

Soph's smile automatically widens and she just beams with happiness. "Yay, we're gonna get you a man. We're gonna get you a man. We're gonna get you a man." She sings and dances in her seat. Kolton and I watch amused at how happy she is with setting me up with a random guy. I just hope he isn't as bad as the last guy.

~~~~~~~~~

Straightening the cute floral crop top, I look in the mirror making sure I look okay. It's now thursday and after Margarita tuesday, Soph gave Ryan my number and ever since we've been texting. He understands my busy schedule since his is busy too. Thank god. Ryan and I have only been talking for two days but he seems like such a sweet and genuine person. I've been trying to not let myself get my hopes up in case this date goes terrible.