On My Own

*bell rings*

'Finally, my school day is over.'

I gather my books and scurry towards the door before anyone can make another comment, and begin my long walk home.

As I approach my door, I see my dad's car sitting in the driveway. Great.

I circle towards the back of my 2-story house and proceed to enter my backyard. I find that this is the easiest and most effective way to enter my home when my dad's there. I then start to climb up the vines growing on the outside of the house to my 2nd story bedroom window. Thankfully, I left the window unlocked so I can slip in easily.

Entering in my bedroom, I quietly close and lock the window, then change clothes and climb into bed. Not wanting to deal with the world for a while, I decide to take a nap.

*2 hours later*

"BRIANNA"

I roll over.

"BRIANNAAA," I hear slurred as my father tries to climb the stairs. "Where the fuck are you?"

Not wanting him to mess anything up inside my cave, I shoot out of bed and get out of my room. "Yes, father?" I reply.

"I wun sum food, you worthless piece o shit."

As I reach towards him to try to help him down the stairs, he throws the half drunken bottle of whatever poison he's drinking at my face, leaving a gash on my head, and saying "I don wun any hulp from you."

He takes one step at a time down the stairs, swinging feverishly with each one. Getting into the kitchen, I make his favorite- burgers and fries, to help calm him down. 

"I don wun burgers and frees." He screamed as he pushed the table over. "What te hell are you gud fer if you can't make me what I wun!" He continues to yell as he's approaching me. I assume the position (fetal), and prepare for the beating to come.

Sure enough, it came.

After about 20 minutes of beating to the brink of unconsciousness, he retreats to his room.

'At least he won't hurt me anymore tonight.'

*stomach growls as the leftover food smell wafts over*

'Oh shut the fuck up, you fat ass. Why would you even think that eating would be an option for an oaf like you.'

I dispose of the food as I know my father will be passed out for the remainder of the evening, and won't wake up until his alarm goes off for work.

As a lawyer.

For domestic abuse.

Don't get me started.

I then climb up the stairs quietly, not wanting to disturb my drunken father as I sneak to the bathroom.

Combing through the drawers until I finally found it.

My escape.

Pressing the cool tip of the blade to skin of my wrist, I think of everything wrong with me. All of the inward pain I feel, I take it out on those patches of skin located on the insides of my forearms.

Slut

Cut

Fat

Cut

Ugly

Cut

Every punch from 'daddy dearest'

Cut

I go until my arms are covered in slashes and I can't see anymore from the tears flooded my vision. I drop the razor and cry into my hands and wallowing in the pain shooting up my arms.

'I deserve every bit of this. Fuck up and ugly bitch.'

I clean myself up and climb into my bed, hoping that sleep helps me escape the world.

...................................................................................................................................................................................

Thanks for reading!

Let me know what I need to improve on! Critiques are always welcome :)