Two

After the unexpected encounter with Venice, Hera sat down and ate her ice cream like nothing bad happened. I just stared at her in shock. She is a brave girl, I must say. She has the guts to pour out her anger on the woman who used to be her mother. "Dad, stop looking at me like that. Eat your ice cream. Don't waste the money that I saved to buy you that," she said between her chewing. "Ah, sorry. I was just thinking of something," I brought myself back to reality and put a spoonful of the ice cream in my mouth. "Were you thinking of Venice?" she suddenly asked. "Absolutely not, Hera. I was thinking of how you said  all those words to her in a public place such as this," I immediately answered.

Hera put her spoon down. "Those were the words that I've been always itching to tell her. And I know very well that I did the right thing of telling them to her." she explained. "Yes, I agree with you but how did you recognize her? I barely did," I asked. "I can never forget the face of the woman who hurt and left my father," she answered, looking straight into my eyes.

Hearing those words, I felt like I wanted to cry. Yes, Venice hurt me a lot. But Hera was always there to comfort me. I know that deep inside she's hurt too because of losing her mother but she chose to be strong for me. She hid her pain away from me.

I have a warrior for a daughter.

"It's nice to hear that from you, Dionysus," I sighed. "It's nice seeing you happy because of me, Dad," Hera smiled.

***

After finishing our ice cream, my personal driver brought the car in front of the ice cream parlor to fetch us. I told Hera to board the car first. As I was to board the car, a soft hand grabbed my wrist. I turned around and saw Venice. I looked inside the car and found Hera looking at her sharply.

"What is it, Venice?" I asked her. She slowly smiled. Slowly forced a smile. I could see a hint of sadness in her eyes but it faded in the last millisecond.

"H-Happy Fathers' Day, Lucas." she said in the faintest voice that I have ever heard. 

The moment I heard those words, I felt like I wanted to pull her in my arms. But I can't. And I shouldn't. "Thanks." I said in the coldest voice that I could ever manage to do. She slowly pulled out a blue envelope from her uniform's pocket. She slowly grabbed my hand. "Take it please." she said as she put it on my palm. "What is it?" I asked. "You'll know it when you open it-" she looked at Hera. "-you and Hera can have it. You'll love it." she finished. She bowed 90 degrees and hurriedly walked away.

I boarded the car and closed the door. "What did she say?" Hera asked. "She greeted me a Happy Fathers' Day." I plainly answered. Her eyes drifted to the blue envelope that I was holding. "And what is that?" she pointed at it. "She said it's for the two of us. We can open it once we reach home," I replied. Hera tsked as she looked out the window. "And why would she give presents after she left us? I don't trust her," she mumbled.

My daughter. She always knows when something is suspicious.

I caressed the blue envelope and opened it out of curiousity. My eyes widened as I saw its contents.

"It's... backstage passes and VIP seating tickets to VIXX's concert..." I said in astonishment. Hera quickly turned around and took a look at the blue envelope. "She got us tickets? Is this for real?" Hera gushed. "Yes, it is for real. Why would she give us these?" I mumbled. Instead of answering, Hera suddenly squealed loudly, causing the driver to press his foot on the brakes in shock.

"Ah, sorry, Mr. Lex!" Hera immediately apologized. The driver nodded and he continued driving.

Hera suddenly wrapped her arms around my own arm. "Dad, who cares of what her reason is?! Let's just be happy that we have this miracle in our hands! Ah, the joy of it! I actually thought that we would be purchasing second-hand tickets from those ticket sellers outside the mall since the tickets have been sold out in the ticketing stalls. But here they are in our hands, and we have backstage passes! I will be able to see N up close! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!" she cackled like a crazy witch. I quickly pushed her away. "I raised my daughter to be a proper lady and not as a crazy and clingy woman." I  hissed. "This is the only moment in my life that I have acted like this, Dad. Aren't you happy that not only I can meet my idols but you can also meet them?" she asked.