Five

I looked at my daughter. I love her and all that but I seem very cowardly when she looks like an adult tiger ready to kill its prey. And that's exactly how she looked like when she asked an explanation of everything from me.

"Sure, I'll explain everything to you, baby. Just ask me what you want to know and I will answer your question," I said. She crossed her arms then suddenly pointed at Arius.

"Who is this male boldstar-wannabe?" she asked.

I looked at Arius, who looked quite calm aftet hearing that insult from Hera. I coughed and looked at my daughter. "She is Venice's boyfriend, Dionysus." I answered. Hera raised a brow and rolled her eyes. "Speaking of Venice, why is she here? And why did you try to ki---" I quickly rushed to cover her mouth. Don't tell them that I tried to kiss her, Hera. Not while Arius is here with us. "Don't expose me to Arius," I whispered to her. She took my hand off her mouth. "Fine. So just answer my general question. WHY. ARE. THE. BOTH. OF. THEM. HERE." she said. I took a deep breath. "They will live here and---"

"WHAT?! NO! GET THEM OUT OF HERE RIGHT NOW!" she freaked out. "Yeah, we would like to, princess. But we don't have any place to stay and besides, your grandmother offered this place to us." Arius piped in. "Are you crazy? There is no way I'll let you live here. Because uno, you have no manners in wearing stuff. Have some respect and don't walk around in your undergarment. Dos, it's just plain awkward. You're my ex-mom's---I mean, Venice's boyfriend. And we have my heartbroken father here who is probably not over the fact of his ex-wife finding a replacement too soon," Hera talked nonstop. I mentally slapped my face. "I am not heartbroken. If I was, then I wouldn't have let them stay here," I defended myself. Hera blew the hair covering her face. "Yeah, sure. Say anything you want, Dad," she chirped.

All of a sudden, Arius piped in.

"Look, princess. You think it's not awkward for me too? Of course I find it awkward as well. Living under the same roof with the man who has been loved by my woman dearly in the past? It's awkward. And I'm nervous. Nervous of the possibility of her  falling out of love with me and back in love with him," Arius said. Hera's eyes brightened. "I like how you talk, Mr. Boxers. Don't worry, I won't let her fall in love with my Dad again. I certainly won't acknowledge it. Besides, life is fun with just me and my Dad," Hera grinned. "Don't talk about me like I'm not here," Venice frowned. Hera eyed her carefully.

"Dad, I have made my decision!" Hera suddenly exclaimed. "What decision is that, Dionysus?" I asked.

"Let's keep Mr. Boxers but not Venice." she answered. "That is one terrible decision," Arius whined. Hera suddenly jumped out of her bed and pounced towards Arius, her eyes piercing into his soul. "I was beginning to like your attitude but you triggered me big time," Hera hissed. I quickly pulled my daughter away from him. "Okay, okay, okay, child. We have to talk. Arius and Venice, scram for a moment, please." I begged of them. The two of them shrugged and walked out of Hera's room.

I held her shoulders and led her back to her bed. She looked at me like she was about to slit my throat. I sat beside her and looked at her intently.

"Hera, you have to understand the situation. They have nowhere to live and besides, your grandmom gave them permission to live here." I explained. She crossed her arms. "So this was Grandmom's idea?" she asked. I awkwardly tilted my head. "Yeah, I guess so," I answered. She took a deep breath. "I can't do anything about it, can I? It's Grandmom's orders. And I can't decline the decisions of the elderly. So FINE, let them stay here," she agreed. I hugged her. "Thanks, Dionysus." I said. "Yeah sure. But the fact of me agreeing to this doesn't mean that I don't hate them. I still hate them but in order for me to let them stay, I'm just imagining that they're some homeless dudes in need of shelter," she huffed as she pulled away from the hug. "That's okay, I understand. Anyway, go and rest more, Hera. You have to regain your strength through rest," I told her as I kissed her forehead. I stood up and left her room. Venice and Arius were standing there.  I casually slid my hands in my pockets. "Were you listening?" I asked. "No, we didn't hear a thing. That's why we're here. We waited until your conversation with her is over." Arius explained. "Can you tell us what her decision is?" Venice asked desperately.