Four

"What?"

"I said we will have to live here."

"What?!"

"We will have---"

"WHY?!"

I was freaking out at that moment. Because why would my EX-WIFE with her BOYFRIEND live in my place?! MY PLACE. I'M HER EX-HUSBAND FOR GOODNESS' SAKE. Has she forgotten about that?!

Venice awkwardly scratched her head. "I recently got fired from the ice cream parlor I was working in. And my boyfriend here is looking for a job. We don't have enough money to buy or even rent a place for the two of us," she explained. "Can't you just live in his parents' house?!" I yelled as I pointed at her boyfriend. "His parents' house is getting demolished. They're planning to build a new one but it can take a year to make workers build one," she answered. "Your parents' house?!" I yelled again. "They sold it. They migrated to Florida with my brother last week," she replied. "THEN ASK MONEY FROM YOUR PARENTS!" I desperately suggested. "They can't. His parents and my parents don't know that we're dating." she calmly answered. "Then tell them!" I shouted.

"I can't. My parents would be upset. They still don't know that I have a boyfriend already. They are still quite disappointed about our divorce." she answered.

"Well damn, they should be! Because I'm still upset, too!" I said before I could even stop my mouth.

Her boyfriend eyed me like I was a prey. "Bro, move on." he hissed. "Easy for you to say. Anyway, long story short, BOTH OF YOU CANNOT LIVE HERE. I don't permit it. And besides, no one will agree to the thought of you living here with---"

"Mama Danni agreed."

I looked at her in disbelief. "I'm sorry, what?" I asked. "Mama Danni ag---"

"Now hold your horses there, woman. You DO NOT call MY mother as your Mama Danni. She's not your mother-in-law anymore so shut up." I stopped her. She sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Fine. Danni agreed to let us stay here.

"What?! And why would she let you?!" I screamed. Venice simply shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. Why don't you ask her? But whatever the reason is, her words give us the authorization to live here until we save up some money for our own place," she explained as she took her luggage and went to my room.

I looked at her boyfriend. "What's your name, naked snake?" I asked.

"It's Arius. And yours?"
"Lucas. Listen, our family mansion is so spacious. Why don't the two of you live there instead? My parents would like some company."
"We already tried that option. But your Mom didn't agree to it. She wanted us to stay here and not there. She said that she doesn't trust me quite that much to let me stay in her majestic mansion."

Ah damn it. Hearing that, I know what Mom is up to. This was all her plan! Going back here from Italy then setting me up a day off. Then she probably heard about Venice's problem and offered this living-in-my-place offer. Then she made sure the day of my day off is the same day of Venice to move in my apartment. She wants me to stitch things up with Venice while she's staying here!

Ah, she's too clever that I didn't notice her plan!

"Arius, don't you think that it's quite awkward to stay here with your girlfriend who happens to be my ex-wife?"
"Well, I was also conflicted about that matter at first but I realized that she's your ex-wife. And you shouldn't care about having her in your place anymore."
"And why would I not care? This is my ex-wife living in the same place with me. Of course it would be awkward. And I don't want things to be awkward! Besides, my daughter doesn't like her!"
"Your daughter? So you had a child with Venice?"
"Yes, I did. She's 16 now."
"Oh, so that means that the two of you have done intercourse before. Was she good?"