Ball Is Life

India

It's a trip, you know? When you're a kid, you see the life you want, and it never crosses your mind that it's not gonna turn out the way it is. You don't know whether doing something is the best for you, you don't know if it's bad. You just don't care, all you care about is making it in life. That's sort of me. Not knowing what I want or what I want to do.

Do you remember when you were in the fourth or fifth grade and you teachers would ask, 'What do you want to be?'. People would raise their hands saying, 'Astonaut! A Princess! A Firefighter!'. But me, I would always sit there with my hands tucked in under my legs, quiet. I mean, I had an idea about what I wanted to be, I just didn't know if I was sure or not.

But when third grade hit, I was pretty sure what I wanted to be. My sister and I both. We were twins, not Identical. But we were twins. When we would go outside we would make sure to grab our pink basketball. When school would start we would make sure our parents brought us basketball shorts for lazy days. It was something we was connected too. It was sort of a bond kinda thing.

I even lost a few boyfriends when I hit highschool, I guess yall can say all I really cared about was school, basketball and more basketball. I really didn't want a boyfriend but they come with being a girl. Some boys even thought I was too manly for them. Me? Manly? Right, My sister and I both look like we could pose in magazines. We just love to play ball. Is that too hard to believe? I guess. I mean, we can be girly and we can party like two white bitches that drank too much. You get my meanin'.

But I guess that's it.

My love for basketball.