Chapter 5.2

India

I began crying as I walked off to the sideline and sat down in the chair. Everyone patted my back as I cried into my shirt. I heard the opposing team cheering and the away section cheering as well.

75-80

I lost the fucking game, I lost the fucking game and it was my entire fault! I really couldn't believe I let this game slip up. My mind was all on Chris because he wouldn't come to my game; I really want him here and he didn't come because of the whole Malik thing.

A week after the whole thing he still wasn't talking to me. I apologized and apologized and he still wasn't trying to hear it. I admit it. It's my fault that we are having these problems. I lied. I went behind Chris back knowing he wouldn't want me to go and meet up with Malik.

After I said I will never speak to Malik and I will always hate him, I let him get past that with his smile, charm and good looks.

Chris may have put a bet on me in the past but one thing I know he would never do was go behind my back and see Keisha or any other bitch. Plus, it looked back on my part. If nothing was going on, why lie? That's where I messed up at.

"India, calm down. This is just one game. We were undefeated for the whole season." Crystal said rubbing my arm. I snatched away from her and got up from the chairs.

"That's not the point!" I yelled. People who were standing nearby were catching my tantrum. "I needed him here and he wasn't! The one fucking game! Our last game and he dissed me because of his shitty attitude. Fuck him and fuck this game!"

I now had about a whole section quiet and looking at me. Some of them looked sad because they heard I wanted someone here but they weren't. And others were looking at me like I just lost my mind.

I stomped off the court while my teammates trying grabbing for me. I couldn't do this right now. I had too much on my fucking mind. I didn't get my letter from UCLA; I didn't get a call back from them. Chris was being a dick to me. Everyone was telling me this wasn't a big deal but of course it was a big fucking deal to me.

As I walked into the locker room I kicked the closest thing to me which happened to be a bag of basketballs and a rack of towels. I ended up throwing the rack and the small sections of the locker room had towels all over the place.

"India! India stop!" Coach Williams yelled when I went to throw another basket of balls.

 She came and grabbed me by my arms and held my close to her body as I collapsed on her chest crying. She rubbed my back as she pulled me over to the seat in between the lockers. She rubbed my back and pulled away from me. She held me by my shoulders and shook her head.

"Why are you acting like this? It's only a game."

"Look," I said wiping my eyes. "I still haven't gotten a letter from UCLA. She's been in the crowd the last few games looking at me but I still have no fucking letter. Then Chris; he's been mad the last week. Why? Because, I met up with a guy that hurt me when I was younger. I lied about going and now, I don't even know if he still wants to be with me."

Coach shook her head and smacked her lips a bit before wiping my face. "You've been the best player I've seen in all my thirteen years of coaching women's basketball. You've pushed yourself and your team the last four years. Just because you haven't gotten a letter from UCLA doesn't mean you're not getting one. The whole Chris thing let me tell you this. If he's still mad over it after you apologized and apologized then he's the one that needs to approach you if he wants to talk. You can only try so much."

I nodded and wiped my eyes one last time before the tears actually stopped. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. When I opened them Coach Williams was standing and looking down at me.