4 || glow

I honestly hated him.  He made me want to slap a baby. No I take it back I don't despise him with that much intensity, but at the same time, as I slowly turned my head to give him an incredulous look, I felt a sense of ambivalence toward him and he winked at me, sending a rush of heat up my neck and cheeks. It wouldn't show on my caramel skin tone, but he still smirked, as if he saw right through me.

It pissed me off.  I huffed and turned around, my shoulder length hair lightly brushing my face.

The teacher assigned us partners for the year, and mine was conviniently the boy I was situated next to, Niall Horan.

It sounded like a foreign name, so I was already slightly interested when he piped up in an Irish accent. 

"Hi! Looks like were going to be labpartners in Chemistry this semester!"

He said cheerfully, jokingly wiggling his eyebrows, making me giggle. He seemed like he would be good company as well as a friend.

"Sweetheart, want to be a doll and lend me a pen?" The curly haired Satan popped into our cheerful exchange, killing the entire mood with his deadpanned tone.

Killjoy.

"O-oh! Sure.." I said, leaning down to my mini-briefcase • don't jugde, I have a thing for organization • and rummagine for a pen.

"I'm so sorry I can't seem to locate one at the moment...Niall do you have one?"

I anxiously asked his stare visibly making Niall tense as it had already done to me so many times today.  

"Sure...."

he never took his eyes off him, as if he was cautious to let him leave his sight. 

As he handed him the pen, some sort of spark seemed to pass between the two. Though I felt as if only I could see it.

Blue and black.

They're hands joined on either ends of the pen, giving eachother hard stares, as if to communicate.

I reached out to touch Nialls arm, and both boys seemd to jerk, as if bieng brought back from some kind of trance. Niall turned back to me, a bright smile on his face as Harry scowled and leaned back in his chair.

I chuckled nervously at both boys before sliding out my notebook and beggining to take the notes that the teacher had begun to write on the Krebs Cycle.

Not another word was uttered between the three of us the rest of the class.

---------------———–

After Class - Lunchroom 12:13pm

I swiftly slid into the most empty table in the now filled with heavy chatter cafetorium.

I decided not to eat my lunch. My thoughts were too clouded with those green eyes. They looked so haunted, yet they were so beautiful.

That was always a recipe for a guarded, seemingly arrogant person. And the things that happened today...they made me cringe, yet I ached to find out why they happened. 

I shivered as a hot breath was cast against the skin on the back of my neck,and I felt a weight settle next to me.

I then felt that familiar tug in the root of my chest.

He was here.  

"Hello, sweetheart..." Harry trailed off from whatever arrogant or sexist thing he was going to say when I snapped my head towards him, giving the nastiest glare I could muster.  Now I hate many things.  Liars, Suprises, and the list can go on for years.

But even though I disliked Harry, I couldn't say that he was on that particular list.

He was a taboo on a short list of mysteries.

++++++++++±+++++++±+++++++±++++++++++++++

a/n : okay late update but its here updates will he at least twice in a week until school starts back up so yeah cool ily like comment vote thanks bc I have none aha xx |A|

----_—–——–----------------------