Hunters instinct

" WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT WAS THE ONLY CHOICE?!" Jack screamed, rage in his features.

The boy clenched his fist as he angrily paced the room, practically pulling out his hair. He felt as if he were ready to punch a hole through a wall, of a hole through someone.

Dan sat, relaxed on the hotel arm chair, the bags cushioning comfortable for the reaper. He sat with his arms crossed, worried, although not for the same person as Jack was.

" I mean either your friend was turned or he would have died" Dan stated, shrugging.

The Irishmen stopped and gave him a look that asked him if he really did say what he just said.

" There are things called hospitals!" Seàn snapped.

The reaper didn't shift in his seat, he didn't move and he didn't breathe. He was unfazed by the events. He sat much like a porcelain doll, unmoving and dead.

" And have Phil be detained? Mark be questioned? Both of them have enough information that could start a war between creatures and I'm not working overtime when I get back to work".

The reaper stood from his chair to tend to his, 'things'. It was true he didn't need much. But he was issued a complementary gun by Jack, not that he needed it. The device was more of a back up.

Seàn followed the creatures actions with his eyes. Surprised and a little angry at how relaxed he was. Overall, the hunter was upset.
If Mark was trying a vampire, Jack would want nothing more then to kill him when they met again.
Mark was Jacks closest person, the only person who listened to him and dealt with his problems, together. Now Jack had no one, no one but a friend he'd eventually want to kill.

Tears sprang at Jacks eyes as he thought of what it would be like to see Mark again. A vampire, a creature he was born to kill. He felt his throat close up as he fought back the urge to cry.

" You're a reaper right?" Jacks voice cracked out.

Dan stopped rummaging through his things to gaze up at the boy a bed away from him. With red tearing eyes and trembling hands, in front of him stood a broken man.

" Couldn't you just bring him back if he died?" Seàn cried.

" Those are my friends, I want to keep them safe".

" They were there for me, just like you were Dan".

With Phil's works rattling in Dans mind, his demeanour changed dramatically. The man stopped what he was doing and walked over to the hunter. Mere centimetres apart, Dan could feel the emotion dripping of the man in front of him.

" My job is to escort people to the next world. Not bring them back to this one" Dan informed softly.

Jack sniffles as he whipped his tears dry with the back of his hand, a few tear drops still remaining on his dirty glasses.

" Could you change him back to a human?" Jack questioned, looking up at the man.

Dan gazed into the reddened eyes of Jack, 'blue oceans' as people described them. He saw the longing for his friend in them. A friend he wanted to protect, a friend he didn't want to harm.
Now, because of what Dan suggested, Jack and Mark could never walked the same soil again.

" I'm sorry, I cannot" The reaper apologised.

Without either soul thinking of their actions, they embraced each other. With Jack being the shorter one he was left to cry into the cold but welcoming chest of Dan. While the reaper held him tightly, hoping this time that Jacks friend would also be okay.