Chapter 19

I woke up with red puffy eyes from crying my ass off last night. My eyes were a light gray but i didn't want to show Drake that I cried last night. I don't want to make myself look weak.

     I took a shower and put on a black T-shirt with some denim high waisted shorts and my red vans. Once I made myself look decent, and cleaned up the room I walked out of the room looking for Drake. He was outside with a shovel digging a hole. It broke my heart. But his must be shattered. I wanted to forget yesterday. I walked up to him. "hi." I gave him a sad smile but he didn't look. Just glanced down at my Vans and kept digging. "I wanted to apologize for everything that's happened." He kept ignoring me and walked over to Duke's dog house and carried him towards the burial. He stood on the other side of the hole, standing infront of me. He looked down at the white sheets over Marmaduke and kissed where Duke's head is suppose to be. He placed Marmaduke in the hole and I heard him whisper. " I love you Marmaduke." He stared down at his old dog and got the shovel and was about to start putting in the dirt but that's when I remembered. "wait!" I yelled out at him. I pulled out a crumbled up peice of paper from my back pocket and folded it nicely and placed it over Marmaduke. I looked at Drake and he had a questioning look. "what is that?" I smiled. He finally talked to me. "I made Marmaduke a note, well evem though he can't read, it came from the heart." He smiled and started filling the hole with dirt.

     After the burial we both sat in the couch in awkward silence. "thank you for the note you wrote for Duke." He broke the silence. "He was a good dog." I replied looking down at my legs while he stared straight. He ran his fingers through his hair and dropped his head back looking at the ceiling. He sighed and said "look I'm really sorry for saying what I said yesterday about the 'blood frenzy' thing. I was just so angry, and i didn't put myself in your shoes," he looked over at me. "it must be really hard being you." He gave me a sad crooked smile. I looked back down thinking of my parents. Drake grabbed my hand "c'mon lets go get ice cream." I smiled.