Chapter 4

Alex's POV

As soon as I saw my mother crying, I sprinted out of the car like there was no tomorrow.

I ran up to her, panting. "What happened? I saw the news. Why are you crying? Are you okay?" I asked in a rather quick manner.

My mother didn't say anything but pointed to the detective outside. detective? There was no mistery right? My parents were here and so was Max. What the hell happened?

My questions were soon answered as a police officer asked me if he could take to me for a minute. I agreed quit scared.

"Miss Johanson were you aware that the phone call was tracked back to this house? " asked the officer.

"Officer... Conner" I said while reading his name tag. "I only found out 20 minutes ago. I didn't even know who made the call. The person on the other end started talking about my old boyfriend who was kidnapped and murdered" I couldn't even bare to say his name.

"Ah yes. I almost forgot about Carter Stone" I flinched as his name was mentioned. " You said that the person started talking about him?" Officer Conner asked.

I told him everything about the call. He listened, his eyes getting bigger with every sentence. As soon as we got done talking I walked back over to my mom to ask about the detective.

Both my parents started at me with wide yes, like they didn't want to tell me. I was scared to know in all honesty.

Then my mother said the words I would have least expected, and certainly never wanted to her in a million years.

"Someone took Carters body and put it in our attic"

I lost it at that.

-

That night I didn't sleep at my house, we all slept at Jacksons house since our family's were close. Plus they lived right next us.

Unfortunately for Jackson, he's had to listen to me cry in his room for god knows how long. I don't even remember crying but it wasn't pretty. I was a hot mess and poor Jackson had to suffer. We were sitting on his bed as i cried my eyes out and he kept shushing me. Like it was gonna help.

That night I slept in Jacksons room while he slept on the floor. I insisted on the floor but he's a stubborn boy. But in all honesty, I didn't sleep at all. I couldn't. My dead boyfriends body was found in my house. How? I had no clue. It had to be the guy on the phone earlier. I eventually feel asleep, my eyes to tired to keep open any longer.

The next morning morning I woke up with a head ace, maybe from all that crying. I got out of bed, and the first thing I did was look at the window to my house. And yet again, the detective and police officers were still there. I was way too tired to do anything...but eat.

I went downstairs and only Jackson was there. "Where is everyone?" I asked with a yawn. "All the parents went to the police department so its just you and me. I made pancakes by the way" Bless his soul.

After eating, we both went into the living room to watch T.V.  My mind was so out of it I wasn't even paying attention. Eventually It was safe enough to go back to my house. I didn't want to in all honesty. I was so scared to back. So I waited for my parents to come back, and when they did, they went back immediately. They didn't understand. I coudn't just go back all of a sudden after my boyfriends body was found. But i couldn't ask Jacksons family to stay again. So I headed back to my house, trembling with fear.

As soon as we got back, I knew that I wouldn't be able to ever go to the attic. I couldn't go back. We all currently sat in the living room watching the news. Again it was another report on Harry Styles.

"Missing teen Harry Styles who was kidnapped from his home, is still no where to be found. Mr. and Mrs. Styles, have been going tot he police station and back endlessly since the boy went missing. People from all around his community have been looking for him, but have come up empty handed. More news to come tomorrow evening."

"The Madhouse!" Max screamed. "Mommy! This boy could be at The Madhouse! You always said that its in a hidden place!"

My mom looked at me, then back at my dad. They knew something I didnt. I could feel it. 

"No honey. That place isnt real." She laughed. Her voice was uneven. She was lying but Max couldnt notice but I could. Im not an idiot.

I didnt say anything though.

-

3 months later

So Its been awhile. Let me just refresh what had happened in the last 3 months.

First of all, Harry Styles was never found, sadly. Second of all, we had Carters funeral were yes, I cried...alot. Third of all, they never found out who made the phone call. I got over it eventually.

Currently, Jackson, Emily and I were sitting at the park, not having school to worry about, since we graduated. We were free now. None of us had known what we were supposed to do now, until collage classes began in the fall.

Little did I know, a few years from now, I would be met with the biggest suprise of my life.

-

AYE

The next chapter will cut to a few years later so yeah.

Vote

Comment

Share

:)

~ R