▹ Detention With Beck.

Chapter 8.

          I walked into Hollywood Arts, embracing myself for Vince Principal Dickers. According to Cat, Dickers is the worst teacher in this school. I'm not surprised. I mean, his name is Dickers after all. Short form for Dickers is Dick so his name pretty much speaks for itself.

          "You must be Isabella Valentine." Dickers said. "Do you know that everyone calls you the wild child of the school after that stunt you pulled yesterday?" Dickers asked. He seemed intrigued by my wildness.

          "And so?" I rolled my eyes.

          "So, people think you're unhinged." Dickers chuckled. I'm glad he found me amusing.

          "Their not wrong." I said and Dickers didn't even say a word. Instead he just stared at him to a point where it started to get awkward. "What?"

          He took a few steps forward and smiled at me. "You remind me of myself back in the day. I used to be just like you." Dickers said.

          Yeah, right!

          I laughed and that made Dickers expression change. He suddenly got serious. "I highly doubt that." I chuckled.

          "And that just got you another week of detention." Dickers said.

          What? Who does he think he is?

          "You can't do that!" I said with a straight face. I clenched my fists in anger as my nostrils started to flare.

          "I did just." Dickers said, making me wanna punch him in the face with every bit of strength in me.

          "You don't know-" was all I was able to say when I heard Beck and Jade walk in, arguing with one another.

          "I don't like the idea of you being alone with her." Jade said.

          She was clearly talking about me.

          "You're being paranoid." Beck said and sighed in frustration.

          Jade immediately stopped in her tracks, forcing Beck to stop walking as well. He turned around to look into her evil widen eyes. "Did you just call me paranoid?" She asked through grinned teeth.

          "HEY!" Dickers yelled at the both of them, causing me to flinch in the process. "What is going on with the two of you?" He asked them.

          Jade stormed towards Dickers. Man she was in a mood. "I want detention." She said to Dickers who immediately started laughing.

          "School hours are long over. No detention during school hours. No detention after." Dickers stated and Jades face immediately turned red.

          "GIVE ME DETENTION." Jade yelled at Dickers. I turned to look at Beck and he was shaking his head.

          "NO!" Dickers yelled back.

          Jade sighed in frustration and stormed out of school. A few seconds later, she came back inside and walked straight towards me. "I got my eye on you." Jade said and walked away.

          I just stood there and laughed. "Just mind her. She's having an off day." Beck said.

          Dickers then took us to the Detention room which was actually the library of the school. Beck and I both took over seats, sitting opposite each other. He told us all the rules of detention which I paid no attention too. Dickers soon left and Beck and I were alone.

          Beck immediately came and sat next to me. "Can I help you?" I asked without even making any eye contact with him.

          "Yeah. You can start by telling me what drives you to be the way you are?" Beck said.

          I was quite surprised at his question. No one has ever asked me something like that before. This was the first and why was he the one to ask? What made him ask such a question?

          "What?" I asked and raised my eyebrows at him.

          "Everyone has a reason to act out, I'm curious to know what's yours?" Beck said. By the look on his face, I could tell that he wasn't gonna drop this conversation anytime soon.

          I know I can trust Beck. He was my first friend in Hollywood Arts and I guess that's why I feel like I can tell him anything and everything.

          "You already know a little of the reason." I said and looked at a confused Beck.

          He thought long and hard before finally realizing what I was talking about. "Your parents?" Beck asked, sounding a little unsure. I nodded. "You didn't actually tell me the full story, you know?" Beck smiled.

          "There's not much to tell besides the fact that I never got any attention from my parents, not when I was a kid, and not now. My mother pretty much said that I was a mistake and the biggest regret of her life." I explained.

          The look on Beck's face said it all. He felt sorry for me and that is exactly what I didn't want. I hated it when people felt sorry for me. It made it seem like I was some sort of charity case or something.

          "Don't give me that look." I said to him and he furrowed his eyebrows at me.

          "What look?" Beck asked.

          "That look right there. I know you feel sorry for me but you really shouldn't. I've survived this far in life without my parents, I can survive the rest of it alone." I replied.

          Beck placed a hand over mine, forcing me to look him in the eye. "But you are not alone. You have all of us. You..," Beck said and paused for a bit, "...you have me." Tears started to fill my eyes. I didn't expect him to say something like that.

          Beck leaned closer to me and suddenly I found myself drifting closer to him. My lips started to quiver and my palms became sweaty as Beck and I moved closer to each other. Soon our lips were mere inches from each other. "Beck..," I whispered against his lips, "..we can't." I said as my breath hitched a little.

          "Shh." Beck said before sealing his words with a kiss.

          I knew it was wrong to take advantage of this moment because he had a girlfriend but I couldn't help myself. Beck's kiss was so passionate and beautiful. It was like nothing I've ever experienced before and even though this was so wrong, it honestly felt so right.

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

Omg! Becella's first kiss 😁
What are your thoughts on this chapter? 🤔

Thanks for reading! ☺️
Please vote and comment
😬❤️ x