/30/

this is annoying but pls read my new fic, empty space!!! i've been working really hard on it and it's going to be super good :)))) srry enjoy your last chapter now

"Mark!"

Yugyeom had never been more happy to see his older brother. He jumped up from his seat at the table to give Mark a hug.

"Hey kid", Mark whispered, squeezing him back. He pulled away, smiling down at Yugyeom. "Hello, parents."

Their parents gave Mark a disappointed look. Bambam waved from his spot at the table next to Yugyeom's.

It was Yugyeom's 17th birthday, and they had just finished dinner. Yugyeom's mom had just been about to get out the cake when Mark had come in through the front door, surprising them all.

Mark moved out of the way to reveal a brown-haired, chinese man in a black tank top, displaying his large muscles. He waved awkwardly.

"This is Jackson."

Yugyeom grinned, punching his brother on the shoulder lightly. Mark slapped him back.

"Good job", Yugyeom whispered. Mark rolled his eyes.

Back at the table, the two boys parents looked like they were about to throw something. Bambam scrolling on his phone absentmindedly.

"Well...where's the cake?", Mark asked, trying to break the awkward silence. Their mom sighed and stood up to get it out. Mark pulled Jackson over to the table and they sat down next to each other. Yugyeom moved back to his spot next to Bambam.

It had been hell trying to convince his parents to let Bambam come over, but they had eventually agreed. Mark and Jackson had been a surprise that their parents obviously wasn't happy about.

When they had discovered that Mark had gone off to China without permission, they had lost their shit. It had seemed to be a wake-up call to them, because ever since then they had tried to be more nice to Yugyeom in hopes that Mark would come back.

This was the first time that Mark had visited, and the first time Yugyeom was meeting Jackson in real life. He had popped in during some of the brothers' skype sessions, but other than that, Yugyeom hadn't seen much of him.

"Who is this?", Yugyeom's father asked Mark, quite rudely. Mark scowled.

"His name is Jackson."

Their father scoffed. "Well, I know his name. I meant, why is he here?"

Their mom set the cake down on the table harshly. "Let's just enjoy dessert and stop arguing", she said coldly.

"He's here because he's an important person in my life, unlike you", Mark replied. Jackson gazed down at the table awkwardly.

Yugyeom stared at Mark with wide eyes. Was he going to come out, right now? As if their parents weren't already mad enough.

"And what is that supposed to mean?", their father asked with a piercing stare.

Mark glanced at Jackson who gave him a comforting look. Mark took a deep breath, looking back to his parents.

"He's my boyfriend."

\

"Here's your birthday present."

Yugyeom gazed at the car. He felt his stomach filling up with excitement, even if he could still hear Mark and his father arguing inside the house.